Has Your Personality Or Mindset Changed Since Leaving The Organization?

by The wanderer 17 Replies latest jw friends

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Has Your Personality Or Mindset Changed Since Leaving The Organization?

The Watchtower tried to instruct individuals to adopt the “sheep”
    like personality or “Christ” like personality. Personally, I still try to
    keep that intact. However, the Society wanted to do the thinking
    for individuals and that is where we ran into differences.

Have You Kept Anything Taught By The Society?

Did you retain a “Christ” like personality or did you go into
    another direction? If your thinking has changed, describe
    how it was back then and how it is today.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I had the opportunity to develop my personality prior to full borg indoctrination. Mindset is a whole different story. I did not believe in mind control before. Diff. story now.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Much more open-minded. much freer, much happier, much more comfortable in my own skin, much more aware.

Living in the moment, enjoying it, savoring it, devouring it.

Nvr

• Numinous
    Numinous

Ditto nvrgnbk...Mom asks me today if I want to go to a USO concert. I see the ad in the paper. A bunch of old ladies dressed up like old New England singing..." lets all do the national anthem now...sing songs about how this country is better than anyone elses"...like a Lawence Welk tribute. I figure 20 years times the service I put in, meetings I went to, just plain being where I didn't want to be trying to make the best of it and I told her no. Every day, every hour COUNTS now and I will be living my life the way I want to no matter whose feelings get in the way. I feel like Black gave birth to White somehow. I can't imagine asking someone who has been through thousands of hours of boredom to take on a little more...so...to answer the question of how I have changed, I have much less tolerance to the idea of wasting my time. I studied hard to get out of the J-Hos, I can't be an exit counselor in an office, but I do know that everyone on here, newbys included, are exit counselors, and I can't imagine a better use of an hour a day.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

I've done things that I never did and never would have dreamt of while a Hoho. Naughty things. Nothing illegal like drugs or tripping the blind, no way, not that naughty.

I've always believed that doing the 'right thing', whatever that is to you or to me, is part of being a card-carrying Human. My husband and I both will go out of our way to go back into the store for instance, to pay for items missed on the bottom of the grocery cart, and we'd absolutely decline an opportunity to hide income in order to not pay correct taxes, or cheat a co-worker out of a sale.

Let's just say that we look at produce in a whole new way.

Jesus never had it so good. That's all.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Great words there, Numinous.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

My last two years as a Witness, I was mentally free to a degree... so its hard to say but...

I've become a person that people either run to or run away from. I have always had that personality to some extent, but I think its matured greatly in the past year.

My mindset is a lot more positive. Without having to rush to another meeting or go in service the next day, I find that I'm pretty stess free.

The glass is half full, and I've got cookies to dip in it.

I like to think that if Christ ever walked this earth, he walked kind of like me.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

From my observations, Sheep are some of the dumbest animals.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I'm much less judgmental of other humans. I am convinced that we are all Children of God. That includes everybody.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I can talk with people now - not at them. I can sing Swing Low, Sweet Chariot and not bat an eye.

No more Watchtower, no more Watchtower , no more Watchtower over me

Before I'd be a slave, I'd be buried in my grave, and go home to my Lord and be free!!!

YAY!!!

Snowbird

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit