anyone seen the new Spider Man movie?

by veradico 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    The ending will leave one with a bad impression. It's full of sappy tears and hugs and dialog.

My husband was shaking his head in disbelief at this point. All the men in the audience were in an uproar. Didn't affect me much .. so what if Peter Parker's in touch with his emotional side?

Absolutely LOVED the dance routine!!!!!! Tobey McGuire must have practiced that routine ad infinitum!!

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

My brother, who is only slightly less a fan of Spiderman than Batman (he's a Batman fanatic) didn't like this one. Said they turned it into a chick flick. He's normally pretty perceptive about movies (ie-he's not into smart movies not macho mindless stupidity) and we agree on stuff.

• veradico
    veradico

I agree about Harry. Didn't the same actor play in some TV show a while back about alien teenagers pretending to be human? I forget the name of the show, but I remember watching it one day and my grandma walked in while one of them was using their alien powers. She started screaming: DEMONIC! DEMONIC!... Anyway, I liked the dance scene as well, but I couldn't help but notice that Toby McGuire can't be evil. The best he can do is look like a disgruntled teenager. He's been taken over by an evil, alien parasite, and suddenly he's emo. Ha! But I suppose that's part of his charm.

• Simon
    Simon

I thought it was pretty good ... maybe 10 minutes too long but it's hard to be objective when you already know the story from the comics (so just want the next action scene!). They also had to show how his character was gradually beomcing darker (in the comic he didn't know it was a symbiote and also didn't need to change costumes - he could do it 'at will').

The action was terrific but there were a few comic moments in it as well which was refreshing.

Some real cheese as well (that US flag shot was particularly vomit inspiring) but other than that it was pretty good. Even a little tear-inspiring toward the end.

(but no where near Bridge to Teribithia ... god, I was almost sobbing at the end of that one! )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit