anyone seen the new Spider Man movie?

by veradico 13 Replies latest jw friends

• veradico
    veradico

The movie is full of action, gymnastic feats of superhuman dexterity and strength, humor, interesting characters, etc. All one could ask from a comic turned into a movie. The ending will leave one with a bad impression. It's full of sappy tears and hugs and dialog. But after you reflect on the experience overall, I think you'll agree it was a fun ride.

• zeroday
    zeroday

There's only one reason I will see the movie:

Kirsten Dunst

HOOOOO AHHHHH YES YES YES.......

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

I just got back from the movie an hour ago. We took our youth group to see it. I'm not much for action packed movies with completely fictional characters but I was blown away by the computer generated images. Pretty amazing!

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Liked it, but I hope that they stop with this one. You can look at all three films as one large film, which is pretty amazing that they were able to keep bringing back the same actors, even for brief cameos (as opposed to Back to the Future, where the actress playing Marty's girlfriend changes between Part One and Part Two, and Crispin Glover did not want to come back).

I liked Bruce Campbell's bit part. And Stan Lee is back again!

And Bryce Howard looked incredible! She managed to look like Gwen Stacy from the comics, and she also reminded me of a young Barbara Eden from her "I Dream of Jeannie" days. Hubba Hubba!

I had some problems with the story, they tried to cram a little too much into it, and its hard to compress 40 years of different plot elements into a 2 and a half hour film. But I'm gonna complain that much. If I had to choose between this version and five minutes of the godawful TV series from the '70s (which was a big disappointment to my 12 year old self), I think I know what would be the safe bet to make.

I keep telling my kids that they are incredibly lucky to be kids at a time when fantasy entertainment is being treated seriously by the producers, and being done right! The special effects have finally caught up with the story ideas, and almost nothing is impossible to make a movie out of, as long as the material is treated with respect and love.

• R.F.
    R.F.

My brother and I went to go see it. It was awesome! Harry was the best thing going in the film if you ask me.

• ozbrad
    ozbrad

Big Spiderman fan here and loved the first 2 movies. I was extremely disappointed by this one. A really poor script let it down. I won't be sitting through this one again. I could'nt wait for it to finish. 3/10

• yaddayadda
  • Tara
    Tara

No, I haven't seen any of them, but I did see the commercial for Comcast (our local cable company). It features a spiderman and is so dumb it is hysterical.

• Angharad
    Angharad

We're off to see it at the IMax soon ...

• free2think
    free2think

I thought it was pretty good, it was darker then the first two which I liked. It reminded me of batman begins a bit. Overall I liked it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit