Recently kicked out...

by bluesbreaker59 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat
    I encouraged many of them to do plenty of research on things, and not to live their lives for their parents either, because you slowly kill yourself, if you're not true to self.

Very wise of you, and you learned it so young! I'm not a JW, but I still hang on my dad's approval. I'm at least smart enough now to do what I please anyways.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome Blues you said Its very, very hard not talking to my dad, because I love him dearly, and I knowhe loves me too. Yes it is !!! I have a daughter & grandchildren & Great grandchildren under their mindcontrol.But I happier as an EX JW knowing I am not under their influence ....I pray that those still under it will see the Light. Hang in there (HUG)

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Welcome BB...we are so glad that you decided to join us. Thanks for sharing your story, and welcome to the real world. Enjoy your life, love, live and be happy. You can love your father, but you can not change him. Forgive him and move on. Hopefully he will eventually come around.

I think it is exciting that you now can build a relationship with your bio mom. Didn't mean she didn't love you, but leaving the JW's they more then likely pushed her away from you, or she felt guilty. Keep coming back!!!!

Leslie

• free2think
    free2think

Hello BluesBreaker, welcome to the board and thank you for sharing your story. I'm glad that you that you didn't listen and got back with your girlfriend, she sounds really great.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    I encouraged many of them to do plenty of research on things, and not to live their lives for their parents either, because you slowly kill yourself, if you're not true to self.

You are so, so correct! Just recently my mom was up to her old tricks again, trying to blackmail me into returning to meetings. She asked me to go back because "SHE WANTED ME TO GO BACK". After having the life stifled out of me for sooooo long ... there isn't a chance of a snowball in HELL I'll be going back! Who does she think I stayed in all those years for anywat? Now's my time to enjoy my life and be happy.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Blues! What a story, wow that's intense. You must be still doing the rollercoaster. Be brave man, it will get better, just you wait and see.

I'm really glad you've got this nice girl. I hope that you're able to get your mind off the situation as much as possible. Believe it or not, it sorts itself out whether you're paying attention or not. Grief is good like that.

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Thank you everyone for the kind support that really means a lot to me.

Its nice to know that there are others out there, who have went through this shit. My only regret is talking some of my old friends into "coming back", when I was active. I got 2 of them to start going again, and both are all "holier than thou", after living lives of debauchery, drugging, and loads of promiscuous sex.

I explained to my JW "friends" that I'm still the same guy that I've always been, I just no longer go to church with you, I'm happy for once, and I have a really great girlfriend.

You know what's the greatest thing? When you're out on a Saturday morning, playing tennis, golf, etc. and you see them out there with their briefcases, knocking on doors, and you know that you don't have to do it anymore. SUCH A RELIEF!!! Though I must admit, I didn't do service well at all for the last 3 years or so that I was part of the religion.

Its also nice to have time to pursue my musical talents, I'm currently involved in 3 blues bands on lead guitar, and some vocals. I love entertaining people, and getting paid to play my guitar sure doesn't suck either.

• golf2
    golf2

Very good bb59. You did the right thing, THINKING for YOURSELF! Keep up the good work and things will work out for you. The best.

Golf

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome to the board bluesbreaker, from another fan of great music, although I cannot play a note. I am glad that you came to this realization a bit earlier in life than some of us did

because you slowly kill yourself, if you're not true to self.
  • Open mind
    Open mind

Welcome to the board, Bluesbreaker!!!!

I stayed in largely because I couldn't bear to break my parents' heart since they had already lost one of my siblings to "the world".

I know it's hard, especially when you respect & love your Dad, but you did the right thing.

Whose life is it anyway?

Jehovah's? Then he should have made us robots.

Your parent's? Even dubs admit that's not true. (Although some dub-parents make me wonder)

Yours? Live it.

Open Mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit