IVP willing I hope to go to colledge later this year.

by 5go 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• 5go
    5go

What is it like by the way I will be attending community colledge in a hope of going to a unversity. I am kind of old for it but I am tired of hearing how stupid I am.

I am deffinately taking foreign languages several I want to learn.

Probaly will be taking IT courses maybe accounting and some engineering

I almost don't care just want a degree.

• sinis
    sinis

You are never too old. Hell I'm in my thirties and have been going to school for close to eight years now, between married life and working fulltime. Should be down in the next few months. I have classmates at uni who are 50 years old or older - never too old to learn something new...

• TrailBlazer04
    TrailBlazer04

You're never too old! I got my AAS degree at 37, my BBA at 44-45 and MBA after that! You can do it...and just do it!

TB

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Whoa there chief. You might want to master your own language first. What's "colledge?"

Just busting your balls, pal.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Good things, good things,

Put your nose to the grindstone, get the sheepskin, stay the course.

Wishing you the best,

BA

• 5go
    5go

funny no asked what I meant by IVP willing.

Which like usual I spelled wrong doh ! IPU

I have got to stop posting right after work at 1 or 2 am.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

It's well worth going, 5go. You'll probably have to spend less time on the board and more time studying, but you'll enjoy it because you clearly have a mind for academics. I hope it all works out for you!

My only suggestions is do settle on a major/career choice.

I only opted for a 2-year Liberal Arts degree and have taken enough courses in social sciences over the years to have a B.A. in something. But I could never decide on exactly what I wanted to major in, until about 3 years into my studies. I ended up settling for a two-year degree in Liberal Arts just to get it over with; wish I had it in Social Science (or anything a bit more useful career-wise).

It's good to know a few things, but it's better to be able to use them in the real world.

Anyway, good luck with it all; try to enjoy it no matter what. It's mostly very interesting (and worth getting through whichever classes you find boring) to get to the goal, whatever it may be.

• restrangled
    restrangled

5GO....you are an interesting study...a bit of a paradox...I hope you make peace with yourself sooner or later...Stop thinking of yourself as over the hill at 27....its all in your head dude!

What is there not to like about college options in the year 2007? Lots of interesting IT choices. Lots of credible online and distance learning options from accredited institutions. There is always the option to take CLEP tests to get a few of the more mundane classes out of the way to begin with.

One son is getting Cisco certification on his way to a Bachelors in ITS, the other son is going for Masters in Computer Software Engineering. I took a couple of classes to see what school is like in 2007 and caught the bug.

I'm always looking for a good additional business niche for emerging technologies, having ridden the wave with video production and more recently web design and multimedia since I went into business for myself in 1988. I am really looking hard at Computer Forensics. Pretty fascinating choices with great earning potential either working for others i.e. law enforcement, government, DHS, private sector for big companies, or for yourself...as a consultant, as an expert computer forensics witness in criminal trials, data recovery service. Common sense says that the field will continue to evolve as cybercrime continues to grow. There are only a handful of 4 year colleges and a few Community Colleges that offer degrees.

I'm still trying to narrow down what niche I want to go after and will probably go for certification in a specific area and then explore the new Masters Program option at UCF.

Good luck 5GO your education options have never been greater!!!

r's hubby

• 5go
    5go
    I'm always looking for a good additional business niche for emerging technologies, having ridden the wave with video production and more recently web design and multimedia since I went into business for myself in 1988. I am really looking hard at Computer Forensics. Pretty fascinating choices with great earning potential either working for others i.e. law enforcement, government, DHS, private sector for big companies, or for yourself...as a consultant, as an expert computer forensics witness in criminal trials, data recovery service. Common sense says that the field will continue to evolve as cybercrime continues to grow. There are only a handful of 4 year colleges and a few Community Colleges that offer degrees.

Thank the IPU for Austin Texas the city near where I live, and ACC the comunity college that would most likely have those.

• EnlightenedMind
    EnlightenedMind

Good luck! I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience for you. I think IT is a good field to go into, because computers aren't going anywhere soon.

Stay focused, have fun, meet lots of new people, and just enjoy the experience!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit