convention etiquette

by karvel 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• karvel
    karvel

hi everyone! first post, not sure if this is in the right section....anyway, last night's service meeting included a part about the upcoming district convention. the usual take notes, make sure your teenagers sit with you, blah,blah, blah, was there but then they mentioned something new. new to me at least. apparently now you have to wear your suit and lapel all weekend if you stay at a hotel. they said don't even pack jeans and tshirts. dress like you're going to the kingdom hall everywhere you go: restaurants, in the hotel (i wonder if that includes the pool). have they ever said this before? i don't remember ever hearing it but if you needed any further proof that is a cult, that was it.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Everyone was discussing this here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/133746/1.ashx

It was just the Kingdom Ministry that was discussed, that sounds like a pain in the butt. Not only are you away for three days in suits now you're stuck in them even when you're not at the convention. Sounds like that's a great way to make people not want to go to the convention.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I'd have to say that's going "beyond what is written" as the scripture says!

• 5go
    5go

To bad for them I go home and don't stay at the hotels

As soon as I get in my car the badge comes off !

And so do the clothes assuming I don't car pool which I hope not to this year.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way
    apparently now you have to wear your suit and lapel all weekend if you stay at a hotel. they said don't even pack jeans and tshirts. dress like you're going to the kingdom hall everywhere you go: restaurants, in the hotel

Sounds perfect!

That is exactly how I want to dress after the convention, in my ''knee length dress'' in 100 degree temps! And you brothers, in suits and ties, can't you imagine how nice and cool you will feel in the baking sun? At least you will look like a Witness and not like a wordling! What a grand provision they have lovingly provided!

Just one more example of the love from the faithful and discreet slave who are dispensing spiritual food at the proper time.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

I sure hope my mother reads that KM and makes it to the meeting where they discuss it. She just told me a week ago that the WTS does NOT tell you what to wear to meetings!

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Hi karvel, and welcome to the forum

but if you needed any further proof that is a cult, that was it

Very few of us on here need any further proof of that.

The org seem to get more controlling and dictatorial every year. I'd be
    tempted to ask the elders to provide scriptural back up for this latest
    rule. I think they'd find it difficult.

• Brigid
    Brigid

In the words of a friend of DS' and mine:

THAT'S CRAP!!

albeit, not surprising.

sad. It's the closest thing to a "vacation" many witnesses can afford. you can't even relax a bit? let your hair down a little. Gods, it's reminders such as this when I cherish each breath of freedom I take now!

My guess would be they are trying through the rank and file some PR and image clean-up. Distance themselves from the "unwashed" image some still have. I would suggest promoting higher education amongst the ranks to accomplish this--not suits-and dresses. The Mormons do this (let their members obtain higher education, vote, etc.) and are still able to maintain fairly high devotion of their membership and have a far far cleaner image in the public eye.If I were running a cult, that's what I'd do, take all the great cult success stories and study then model my corporation after their business model. *sigh* alas they do not listen to me.

• Mad
    Mad

Man, Karvel- don't you check your schedule? When I saw that it was ASSembly review time, I stayed home and worked! If you end up going, maybe you ought to print THIS up; I bust a gut when I found it!!!-

However, it is sad to see them deteriote to the Sleepfests they have become, my friend!

Agape,

the MAD JW

Make sure the circus freaks are identifiable wherever they go!!!

Soon, the WTBTS will produce Jehovah's Toilet Paper, and require all JWs to wipe their asses with it. But alas, the control exerted by the WT in such a scenario will be insufficient, so they will then move on to regulate which parts of the toilet paper can come into contact with your rectum. "Use the left side of the paper only; the right side is reserved for use only by the annointed. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event the left side of the paper is already soiled or no toilet paper is available, locate the nearest Gideon bible in your hotel and utilize its pages to extricate the fecal matter from your rectum. In this way, you will help prevent others from being misled by the false teachings such Gideon bibles contain. One last note, failure to comply with gods commands, as articulated in this post, shall result in immediate disfellowshipping."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit