Who REALLY REALLY is the "Faithful & Discreet Slave"? >>>IS<<<<

by Mad 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

"Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings.

"But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ 49 and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, 50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, 51 and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where [his] weeping and the gnashing of [his] teeth will be.

I would surmise from these words of the Lord, that the F&D Slave consists of any individual attempting to feed those following Christ at the time he shows up to make judgement. They will be judged as 'Faithful' or 'Evil' according to His Judgement then. Looks like many claiming that spot of superiority will fail, and will have teeth worn down from the gnashing of them. Likely that will include a whole bunch of false teachers.

But since I couldn't see your pictures, I don't know if this is what you are asking about or not.

Jeff

• Mad
    Mad

VERY good, Jeff! That is EXACTLY what his statement appears to me!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The illustration is clearly based on the example of Joseph in the OT, who fed the land during the "appointed time" (i.e. the seven years of lean), and who was promoted by Potiphar and then Pharaoh on account of his faith and wisdom.

The point of the parable is simple: "Be like Joseph".

• Mad
    Mad

calvinwondering.gif

old-age1.gif Experimenting with PhotoBucket: these are the Fist Two cartoons! Thanks for the help!

• Mad
    Mad

Matt 24: 40- Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41- Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42- Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

43- But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

44- Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

45- Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

46- Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

47- Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

48- But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

Mad replies: That is what we've been TOLD; do you have the courage to set that aside for a moment- and listen closer to his words? He's referring to the future time of the Last Days- obviously when Armageddon begins. Joseph? Small group of self-gloriying brothers? 1919?1919?1919? We were only just BEGINNING to know and to obey Christ at that time. Approved?1919?

I love the Truth- but am embarrassed over some of the things HQ has said and taught. Jesus was not telling all Christians to be like Joseph at Armageddon. He was not saying it would be a small group at HQ. He was telling us ALL to be Faithful & Discreet- and that at that time, if we are faithful, we will be rewarded!

• Arthur
    Arthur

The teaching that Jesus was prophetically identifying a future "class" of individuls just doesn't cut it. As has been pointed out by several writers including Ray Franz and Ron Frye - if there really was a "class" of individuals operating at Jesus' behest from the time of Pentacost, why did C.T. Russell have to seperate from all religous organizations to revive Scriptural truths?

If the Watchtower's assertions are correct, that means that there would have been a Faithful Slave Class serving progressive spiritual food for some 1,800 years by the time Russell came on the scene. Yet, Russell was confident that truth did not exist anywhere in the so-called Christians arena; hence he started his own Bible study group. The Watchtower has repeatedly insisted that no person can gain an accurate knowledge of the Bible without the guidance of the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class. If that is the case, then C.T. Russell was just another "apostate" who went off and formed his own group.

As Franz pointed out in his book In Search Of Christian Freedom; if the Faithful and Wise Servant is a "Class", then who is the "Class" of people who receive "many strokes" and the class of servants who receive a "few strokes"? Who is the "ten-mina class" and who is the "five-mina class"?

It's clear the Jesus' parbles were identifying types of individuals - those who are faithful, and those who are unfaithful.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Jesus was not telling all Christians to be like Joseph at Armageddon. He was not saying it would be a small group at HQ. He was telling us ALL to be Faithful & Discreet- and that at that time, if we are faithful, we will be rewarded

I don't quite follow what you are saying here. The author "was telling us ALL to be Faithful & Discreet" at the time of his coming, I agree completely, and he was using the example of Joseph from the OT to make this very point. That was the exegetical basis of the illustration (in fact, the parable uses word for word the same language that was applied to Joseph in the OT). Joseph is an example that anyone can imitate. In no way would that imply "a small group at HQ".

• jgnat
    jgnat

I can see the cartoons now, Mad, LOL.

I was WAITING until you'd figure that out. It saved me having to endure yet another Easter Bunny picture of yours.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Wondering..........what makes the "TRUTH" true?

• jgnat
    jgnat

It's CALVIN of Calvin and Hobbes, of course.

[a million apologies to Mr. Bill Watterson for using his copyrighted work]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit