Is a rapid graceful exit possible?

by besty 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• garybuss
    garybuss

I think a rapid and graceful exit depends on whether or not you fall on your ass when you kick the Kingdom Hall door on the way out. They had to rehang the door after I went out and I didn't fall down, so I'd say my exit was both rapid as well as graceful.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

Sound great things are working out. It kinda funny when you don't take it all personally and finally realize somethings can't be changed at least group thinking. Thats what so funny people that love law they always forget that it's a game with many loopholes.

The point is anyone can stay a JW's if they learn to be a really good non-caring lier!

• besty
    besty

Agreed Blondie - never graceful.

My brother returned my wifes call this afternoon and said that he and his wife had decided as we are apostate badass-ociation that as far as they were concerned it was to be emergency contact only from now on. Shame, we have two young boys they will miss out on seeing growing up...

When i do get around to speaking to him I will blame religion for splitting up the family, and as i don't have a religion anymore, it must be his thats causing the problem. Nice logic i think....

So now i have to call my Mum who hasn't said yet whether she is speaking to us or not...

Most of our friends are going down the ignore them evil 'postates route.

Ah welll.....

• unique1
    unique1

AWESOME!!!

• besty
    besty

right - I've just called Mum and big bro answered the phone!

I asked if it was true he was changing his phone number to 999 (911) and he launched into a speech about how we had started this and we were apostate bad people and they couldn't mix with us. I said Oh ok - can you put Mum on please? That was it. I might never speak to my only brother ever again (until there is an emergency - I think I will write to him asking for a list of approved emergencies so I don't make it worse)

Spoke to Mum for a bit longer and she was more emotional obviously. I kept my cool and didn't react to her saying I was lacking in humility and materialistic and she could accept it easier if i would be honest and say I was preferring the worldly lifestyle. Anyway when she said the truth would be known for the love I couldn't let that one go - not one person from a cong I had been in for 9 years has made the effort to contact me in any way since I stopped going 3 months ago. No answer. Erm - oh yes - I should be getting in touch with them...thats right you heard correct...her fallback position was get the elders round - they've been round and didn't ask any prayer or read any scripture. No answer. Oh yes -thats right - I'm within my rights to request a prayer - somehow thats my fault too!!

She asked if we had learned anything bad from her and Dad as we were brought up. I said no, everything in the Scriptures was beneficial but going beyond the Scriptures was the problem. What, she wanted to know, wasn't in the Scriptures? I replied I hadn't seen 1914 in there. Apparently I need to do more research. I said I had and that was the problem - the numbers don't add up. No answer.

She also reminded me of the dictionary definition of apostate. I was sorely tempted to remind her of how the Borg confuses the dictionary definition against the Biblical one, but applies the Biblical penalty for the dictionary 'crime'. (Clear?) But I didn't. I also didn't remind her she was a dictionary apostate herself - too harsh - she was very upset and she lost her husband (my Dad) last summer.

Anyway she hasn;t changed her phone number to 999 until she hears from my congregation and then she'll know what to do. In other words once we are DA/DF she can then shun us officially. Nice. To think of all the effort I've gone to not to be DA/DF in the last 3 months specifically to make it easier for them to talk to me and now they are shunning me anyway. DOH. Whats a guy to do? I wish Homer Simpson was an apostate he would have some timely advice - (New thread I think)

Well they're not getting off that lightly - there's no way I'm going to DA now - if my plan comes together I'll get our Record Cards out of the cong. and disappear them and us.

So thats my evening - time for another Peroni!!

Besty

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Great June 4th update. Nice progress. Sorry I missed it sooner.
    Your July 11th update changes things a bit, but you tried. Maybe your non-DA status
    will allow grandparent/grandchildren relations because its not a total disobedient act.

Give them time, and fight the fine fight. Thanks for telling us your progress.

In their case the conversation was along the lines of when are you going back to the meetings, not how are you, how is your faith in God + Jesus etc.

Great comment. I will use that on some JW's if it fits in.
    "OTWO, Why don't you come back to the meetings?"

"I am fine, not that you are asking? Since you go to the meetings,
    I guess your faith is strong, and you assume mine is not. HOW ARE YOU?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit