How Does One Find Another Religion

by pettygrudger 37 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Koph,

I am very sorry to read about your bad experience. I am sad that you found the same kinds of problems with the Witnesses. I think that is why I chose to be independent of organizations. Organizations may have good concepts, but how they live by those concepts in another matter. That is why I chose to be a private person, free from organizational influence.

• Kophagangelos
    Kophagangelos

I understand you. I am very cautious what the WTC now explain and in the future! If the time is mature and I will left the WTS! But I need a strong basis for my faith after the disassociation that is why I will pray to Jehovah more until I feel that Jehovah will give me the aid to strengthen my decision. In this time I will speak with the bro and sis in the con about UN and so further. It can happen it will come I will to be disfellowshipped then it is ok!

• larc
    larc

Koph,

This is my last post. It is very late where I live, and I have to go to sleep. I will just say, that you don't need any organization. You can have your own relationship with God. You can go to him in time of need, or you can choose make on your own with asking for help. It is up to you and your situation. It is not up to other people. What you choose to do should be a very private experience.

I wish you the best.

• Kophagangelos
    Kophagangelos

Thank you for the advice, Larc! Yes, I had read now the Psalm 86! That is comfort of Jehovah! Yes, i want to do myself and want not to be influenced to my life! I have a own life always und the elder knows it that I am not easy to be influenced. If they say to me and I examine often same the beroers (Acts 17:11). Unfortunately the time of now is not my time of the studying with the JW! If this time before I was never the JW! The lies of church about JW was the turning point to came in the organization of JW (The lies of catholic church: No operation, no alkohol, no children, never relaxion and high taxes about 60 precent ..... wrong information about JW). I believed not more the catholic ones and the apostates and was a wall for them. About two year ago I give myself the opportunity to listen a few what the apostates after the first time with internet. But I gave it up because a few information are not entirely right. Now the information are fully and I have checked very much. It need more time to check all details!

• cindy
    cindy

larc, Your right I was responding to you, Joelbear and Stacey. Joel said he has his own personal philosophy which may or may not include The Bible. Stacey said she has dedided that the Christian path is not for her. I am upset that you could have a point in your life where you all believed whole heartedly The Bible but because of the twisted view the WT has put on The Bible and the lies they have told the have spoiled your faith in The Word. They got you in because of the good things that they said and by some of the right things that they believe. The WT has their own agenda in my opinion it's $ and they will do whatever it takes to lure you in to go door to door pedalling their material and recruiting more to pedal. They took something good and pure and perverted it for their own use to control. You can go to another Church and believe and you can be in control not an organization. The WT and it's followers caused many to stumble and they will be held accountable. I just hope that you see what a comfort The Bible can be not a burden to be studied but a joy. What a joy we have Jehovah to turn to when we have a problem or are scared, He is always their for us. I would hate to have to go through this life alone. God bless you!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    I am upset that you could have a point in your life where you all believed whole heartedly The Bible but because of the twisted view the WT has put on The Bible and the lies they have told the have spoiled your faith in The Word. ... They took something good and pure and perverted it for their own use to control.

In my case, the WTS is just the tip of the iceberg. I discovered that some of the jaydub poison derives directly from the Bible itself. For example, the homophobia you find in Romans and Corinthians, the slaughtering of foreigners in the Old Testament, the misogyny throughout, the One True Religion virus ditto.

When I realized the Watchtower Society had suckered me, I went on to test EVERYTHING I believed, by reading as much of www.infidels.com as I could stand. Nothing survived but the Golden Rule.

Then, later, some more things happened, and I gave up atheism too; but that's another, more private story.

Gently Feral

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

Your question How Does One Find Another Religion

You are a religion of one with the Father, Son, and H.S.
    Study each person individually and together.

Learn who you are in Christ.

Study who, what, where is the Body Of Christ so that you
    can identify your position in it.

Gather with others at various churches for a while and study
    their methods on interaction.

Pray and explain to the Father about what you seek.

From the above you will begin to discover the answer to your question.
    The results are there for you to discover.

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Hopefully at some point you grow up, learn to stand on your own two feet, and quit looking for salvation packages to make everything peachy without actually having to think or work.

You can stay mired in superstition and unthinking obedience to an ancient tribal handbook, or you can get crackin and do the hard but satisfying work of building a real life in the real world.

Of course it's waaay easier to blame all your troubles on deeminz like old ThommyPoopy does. It's waaay easier to pretend that an Invisible Skydaddy Superhero will 'someday' make things right; it's a great excuse to whinge and pray and do anyoldthing but WORK at making life meaningful.

Good and evil do NOT come from supernatural sources; there is enough of both right in the hearts of humans without mucking the issue up with imaginary spirit adversaries with nothin better to do than hang around diddling in your life!

The Bible is a horrible trashy disgusting tale of violence, hatred, perversion, greed and lust. I refuse to sully my child's mind with it; it's on the 'adult' shelf at our house and he won't be exposed to it until he is old enough to tell fact from fiction.

I heartly recommend that you defect toward sanity and use your Bible for toilet paper or better yet, roll some joints with the pages and chill out. This life is your one shot, better not waste it!

• cindy
    cindy

Okay, Everything that Mommie Dark expresses is exactly the attitude that saddens me. Surely in the back of your mind somewhere you have something left that says that you might be wrong. The things that you are saying are totally blasphemous and you can't go back. Rethink what you are saying and telling others, you could be held accountable one day.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Cindy, how can you defend a god that ordered the slaying of children? How the slaying of babies EVER be justified? Isn't a fundamental christian beleif thta all children are innocent and this is exactly why abortion is wrong?

Tell me something, if a political leader ordered the deaths of the babies of his enemies, is he good? If say Bush said 'We have the taliban in custody, now we are gonna execute them and especially their children. I have given the US army soldiers orders to kills babies'

Is he good and merciful? Is it just to kill babies for sins they did not commit?

God did:

1 Samuel Chapter 15:
    2 This is what the LORD Almighty says: `I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt.

3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, suckling children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'"

compare that with this verse:

Deuteronomy 24

16 Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their fathers; each is to die for his own sin.

seems like god needs to follow his own advice. So far I see no good argument that God is good. From what I see he is mean, spiteful, wrathful and merciless

He also created evil...did he have to create evil? If he didnt have to create it, then why did he? If he did have to create it, why are we punished for it?

God created evil, the bible says so:

Isaiah 45:7
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Until you can justify the slaying of little babies, I wont beleive in your blood-thirsty religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit