What did you think of "new light"?

by reneeisorym 38 Replies latest jw friends

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Hi there,

So glad you brought this up.

Before I became the The Count of Monte Cristo I lived in a deep ,deep,very deep and dark dungeon it was full of smoke and mirrors.I was kept in my prison cell by the keepers of the watchtower . They kept feeding me and because it was they who kept me in prison naturally I had to digest what they gave me.Why was I kept chained in the dark? Answer, because of lies.Somebody kept telling very big lies ,various lies ,some of which which were similar to the lies told to the king in the story of the emperor's new clothes some lies were meant to be very frightning but were only as scary as the man behind the screen inThe Wizard of OZ. Some lies told me that I was going to die some lies told me I was going to live.However the truth was more scary when at that point I realised that if I carried on with this mumbo jumbo I would go completely insane and might end up thinking I was a French man locked up on an island near Marsielles.

And so to cut a long story short I made a very fortunate escape because something helped me see my way out through the smoke and mirrors and I fled to freedom.It was then in clean,beautiful,fresh and gleaming light that I realized a real truth which is ,if there is such a thing as present truth then there must be past truth and future truth -which is a stupid argument .If something is true in the past then it must always be the truth now and forever more .Or else it wasn't true in the first place which accounts for most of the watchtower teachings.Are you following me so far?

Edmond Dantes who in truth is the Count of Monte Cristo

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

"New Light" remained a mystery to me. Why couldn't we just get the "Right Light" in the first place?

• lrkr
    lrkr

Seems like theres not so much new light any more. Most of the new light articles today read like legal briefs- "some feel, but you could think, many christian consciences allow..." The "creative thinkers" have all either died or are too scared to propose a new idea because of the apostasy witchhunt. All thats left are obedient automotons who regurgitate the same ideas over and over and over again. Today's new light is usually just new justification for old ideas.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

"New Light™"?!!! Can you say preplanned obsolescence? They know what the hell they are doing. Just as manufacturers make their products to wear out over time (or come with "new features" so you will buy a new one), so too does the WT Publishing Company. If there was no more New Light ™ , then there would be no need for the dubs to buy more literature (except to replace books that are being studied for the fourth time!... can you say REVELATION CLIMAX!) and make more donations.

I used to get so excited when the conventions would release new books...now...not so much. Did you notice that both the Insight book and the Proclaimers book came out before the voluntary donation arrangement? Hmmmmmm...why would that be? I remember there was a stampede for those books. (Another story for another day and thread)

Now, the "New Light™" comes in paperback (or cheap plastic covers on the bound volumes). Do you know why? Because paperback wears out faster and is cheaper to produce....meaning more orders to replace the same stuff and (hopefully in the Borg's collective corporate mind) more donations from the R&F.

I once heard it said by a CO (who was being honest with me in a private converstation) that the WTrash magazine recycles its New Light ™ CRAP (Come Read About Paradise) every 7 years. Now, I think it is more often because there are so many new gullible dubs to feed this CRAP to and reinforce it in the minds of the existing R&F. Some are outright reruns of old books masquerading as New Light ™ (ie, Daniel book, Revelation book), some are just new bible study books (ie, something? replaced by Truth book replaced by Live Forever replaced by Knowledge book replaced by Bible Teach book) or Make Sure book replaced by Reasoning book, etc. SSDD in my opinion.

I dread going to meetings and assemblies but keep going to some to keep up appearances for now. I have not been out in FS since Dec because I can no longer in good conscience be a New Light ™ Publisher anymore, distributing that CRAP and then coming around and around again to peddle that CRAP. I just want to puke thinking about it....where is that emoticon...oh yea...here it is alt

New Light ™ my ass.

SnakesInTheTower (of the Lazy Sheep Class)

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

<--------------------

New Light ™ my ass.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I wondered why Jehovah, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit couldn't get it right on the first try.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Maybe because They were too busy playing with Santa and the Easter Bunny?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Maybe because They were too busy playing with Santa and the Easter Bunny?

Black Unicorn, are you suggesting that Jehovah, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are as unreal and non-existent as the above-mentioned characters? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Interesting.

Nvr

• greendawn
    greendawn

Of course they never get any new light they just produce it according to the needs of the time, it is a very mundane process with nothing super natural about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit