What did you think of "new light"?

by reneeisorym 38 Replies latest jw friends

• zack
    zack

"The whole "new light" concept was the borg's way of covering up the fact that they had no idea what the hell they were talking about."

Exactly!!!!!!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Eventually I could not understand why the sole channels of God's knowledge needed to make adjustments with new light that should not be necessary because God should be able to give them the correct formula on each issue from the first time.

They seek to argue that they are only adding new knowledge to the old to further develop it but that is clearly not what they are doing they are rejecting the old in favour of the new which often is in total opposition to the original. They are revising not simply adding.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Ever notice how often "new light" is accompanied by a bunch of razzle dazzle with italicised (from the Greek - Italika) words and meanings of root words (In Hebrew - 'rh't', ("rahoot")) that are now better understood because the Governing Body has been setting up all night, every night, studying old manuscripts and cross-referencing every Bible translation that has ever been published. Then they sum it all up for the dumb dumbs and say "in other words, by golly, we now understand that divorcing a mate who reveals they are homosexual is OK after all".

Reminds me of the original Latin term "boolshitticus"

• MR. BORN AGAIN
    MR. BORN AGAIN

As a witness the whole New Light thing is like living in the movie the Matrix where everything you see is not reallity. But at the end of the day it's the story of the Wizzard of Oz and the wizzard (the organization) is just one big fake. New Light + Old Light =NO Light!!!

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

funny,all of the "new light",,,and its still only men that are given the showing of it...here we are in 2007,and this org still keeps women in the kitchen and the church...disgusting..new light,my arse...

funny,all of the "new light",,,and its still only men that are given the showing of it...

New Light? No, Coors Light, the Silver Bullet, please! Make it two!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

interesting how the new light always appeared regularly every year just in time for the big convention - sort of like the super bowl half time show - keeps the folks interested.

• Honesty
    Honesty

NEW LIGHT was better than flirting with da sistas at the DC... until I learned the troof about both NEW LIGHT and da sistas.

• Mad
    Mad

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The phrase "New Light" means:"We were wrong,but,we`re not truthfull enough to admit it,so,we have "New Light"..Forget what you know!!All JW`s do it!It`s done everyday.....What you know never happened..Or..We don`t believe that anymore..Take your choice,it all works!.....LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit