Spent, spent, spent - pools winner now living on £87 a week

by Kent 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Kent
  • sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Why does the money always go to the same dumb lards? The stuff I'd do with $20million...

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am at a loss as to how someone with that attitude could accept the WT religion. I also feel sorry for her-30 years in the Borg and she was afraid to get help for her alcoholism-that is messed up. Sounds though in a way like she is the epitome of JW-has no hope, does not enjoy life anymore, and looks down on others when she takes a breath from looking down on herself. I wonder if she wears mini skirts to the hall? I wonder how her attitude affects her standing in the org?

Why do they frequently call JW meetings "prayer meetings"? The prayers are typically gratitude for the org., not God, and there is relatively LITTLE praying. JWs don't even call them prayer meetings around here---is that what they call them in the UK?

• Mary
    Mary
    Even then, she wanted more. "I took free elocution lessons at school and came top of my class," she recalls. "I won two and six-pence and I was very proud. I have always made an effort with how the world sees me. I was always a snob."

Doesn't sound to me like she's got too much to be snobbish about: A self-righteous bitch who was stupid enough to blow all her money and now lives on less than $200 a week, and STILL thinks she's better than everyone else. What a loser.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Out of the frying pan...............

This woman has a borderline personality disorder or worse.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

3 million quid in today's money what I could do with that

I really can't imagine how she managed to waste it all - you could stick a third of it in the bank and live off the interest and still have a good time with what was left.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A long article , but 2 pics , one of her with a WT publication (unidentified) and one with the cheque for the £152000 that they won, and she spent.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=449820&in_page_id=1879&in_page_id=1879&expand=true

• Warlock
    Warlock

There's a guy who won 45 million in Florida and now he has nothing.

It happens.

So if you ever win the lotto, just give the money to me and I will save you the pain.

Warlock

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

"It may have served me right - maybe I was wild and crazy. But it is my life and I won't be told how to live it."

".............. Me, I'm going to be wearing mini-skirts, if I live, till I'm 102."

She doesn't sound like a typical JW - the the whole article she does no witnessing, no referencing the nearness of the big A, nada.

Will there be miniskirts in the New World?

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Couldn't have happened to a better person. I have no sympathy for those that overspend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit