lurking is sooooooooo good for your health

by mathilde 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Carmel
    Carmel

Try again!!! I'm not fading, but nonetheless, faded to the point of tranparency!!! carmel

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Welcome Mathilde (forgot how to spell your alias)

Anyway, when I first came across JWD I couldn't stop reading and it's been downhill since then, I'm truely an addict!!! I found it helpfull to go to the Best Of section and just start at the top, you will certainly find some very interesting threads there!!

nj

• mathilde
    mathilde

Thank you all for being so kind,

Yes Open Mind, I was scared to write-also because it´s not my own language- so if I make mistakes:(and I will) sorry!

N J:thanks for the advise,I´ll do that.

Ritual?!?! You touccha my hair I busta you faceBut I´ll buy a drink for all of uswill that do?

I got baptized in ´74 and believed most of it. There were doubts,but hej- just pray and go in FS and it will be just fine....only thing is- it didn´t get fine and my doubts just got stronger.

But paradise was waiting just around the corner and then it would all be just fine....for now just go to all the meetings,pray,pay and go FS- follow the orders,be a good sheep.But my mind wouldn´t shut up,even in my dreams the questions,the memories and my growing anger would pop up.

I remember once saying to an elders wife: I have so many questions and there is so much that doesn´t make sense to me... she looked very angry at me, and said:well,I have questions too and my husband doesn´t know the answers either-we just follow the slave and wait for Jehovah.That´s what you must do,follow the slave and wait for Jehovah.

I didn´t say anything back just thought:well maybe that´s good enough for you but it is sure as hell not good enough for me. A week or so later at a convention they warned us again for the dangers of the internet and sites against "Jehovah´s people" and I was thinking: boy o boy why do they go on and on about these sites-guess I better have a look for myself and see what it´s all about.

so I did.....

It was like someone turned on the light,fantastic, amazing...I wasn´t alone and I wasn´t crazy or bad.I´ll never forget that first time I came here- it was so amazing and I was so happy.

I LOVE this healing place.

Mathilde

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Welcome. I know that without this board my exit would have been extremely painful.

tsof

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome, many tens of thousands of ex JWs have gone down the same so you are certainly not alone, many people here can readily identify with the way you feel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit