Language has Gone Downhill in the Society

by dubla 17 Replies latest jw friends

• dubla
    dubla

In a recent thread with a "witness" on this forum, i was told that he spent last night with my mother, as she was more than happy to "take it up the ass". when i replied that my mother had passed on, he continued on with, "i wish i could feel sorry about your mom. but i dont. she was good dead or not..."

now, im sure some people wouldve taken great offense to this, and im sure if i was face to face with this person when he said it, id probably have some words back. but really, ive seen attempts to provoke like this before, and i try to take them for what they are worth, especially considering who they are coming from.

my question is this: has the language in the society deteriorated this badly? the person who said these things claims to be a ministerial servant mind you, so im just wondering how they do things these days. i imagine its actually just that there are people on this forum who claim to be "witnesses", but are actually the farthest thing from it. i do find it always amusing, when self-proclaimed "christians" show what life in jesus' footsteps is really like nowadays. thoughts?

aa

• dubla
    dubla

btw, i didnt want to name names specifically, but here is the thread in case anyone is interested in reading it firsthand >>> http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=13305&page=4&site=3

aa

• TR
    TR

aa,

This person er, shitbag could very well be a JW. Where else can you act like a buffoon and not be found out except online? But what's scary is, that's what he is thinking! That kind of thought rarely occurs to a sane person. I'm sure that language is tolerated by very few JW's in public, let alone the normal population.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• TR
    TR

Ah-ha! Nytelecom. Figures.[>:(]

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Jdubla,

I was horrified to read your post and what was said about your mother. I read very few posts on this Board these days as when I do I feel as if I have exercised in razor-wire, and then been dipped in a slurry soup. I am pleased to admit that I did not read the original post.

Many JW's are very angry and emotional stunted on a sub-conscious level and given the opportunity to make this known in an anonymous surrounding perhaps led to this outburst. This post was not so much about the use of language as an explosion of hate.

Simon, poor fellow, though inundated with mail, does react to eliminate such hateful posts if you contact him directly.

I am sorry Jdubla for the pain that this comment has caused you. We must all realize that we are our words, what we say has effects on the lives of others - for better or worse.

Best regards - HS

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

How NYT can seriously believe he was appointed as a MS by the HS is utterly beyond me.

He is one of the worst examples of JWs leading a double life.

Oh to be in his cong. when they finally make him an elder. Such a fine loving shepherd with total freeness of speech.

• dubla
    dubla

thank you for the kind words. in all fairness to the other party, i did insult his intelligence level before the personal attacks concerning my family started. that is part of the reason i posted the other thread as a reference on this one, so no one thinks im trying to recieve pity here. maybe i should refrain from any sort of insult on this forum; its been a habit of mine when someone shows extremely obvious ignorance to point this out. but the type of language in this instance, to me cannot be justified by anyone. and as tr said above, its hard to imagine people out there even think these thoughts, let alone say them. thats why i was so shocked to hear it come from a "ministerial servant".

aa

• dubla
    dubla
    Oh to be in his cong. when they finally make him an elder. Such a fine loving shepherd with total freeness of speech.

LOL

aa

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Seriously jdubla...I've wondered at times if people like nytelecom and Fredhall, who claim to be JWs, actually are NOT JWs. Just people trying to give the JWs a bad name. Just something that would convince us (and the lurkers) even more NOT to go back to The Tower. I dunno...just my own thoughts!

Love,
    Andi

• dubla
    dubla

andi-

its an interesting theory; ive wondered the same thing before. do you think theyd go to that much trouble to save others from the borg though? i mean, theyd have to be completely fabricated personalities, but its not impossible i guess.

the two you mentioned, nytel and fred, to me come across as people that maybe grew up in the truth, then fell away. now they have found this website and parade around as "witnesses" just to stir the pot with all of us (probably bored with their lives or attention starved). i would be very surprised if either of them were even close to the active "witnesses" they claim to be. just another theory.

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit