Star Wars Expanded Universe

by Chameleon 18 Replies latest social entertainment

• sir82
    sir82

Y'all sound like you're more knwledgable on this stuff than me...

Wasn't George Lucas' original plan to make 9 Star Wars movies, rather than 6? There were going to be productions of "Episodes 7, 8, & 9" after the "prequel" trilogy of Episodes 1, 2, and 3. At some point he dropped that idea.

Did he ever reveal at least a basic outline of what was supposed to happen in the last 3 chapters?

• daystar
    daystar
    KotOR was great; II had better gameplay, but the ending was unfulfilling.

Agreed!

I've not read any of the books. I really enjoyed the animated Star Wars: Clone Wars series.

I also love Battlefront I & II, as well as Empire at War, PC versions of the games.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Never read any of the books; was more into the games.

Many of my quarters went into the arcade game Star Wars back in the day. I was rather adept at it and wouldn't be surprised to remember some of the patterns. Something about those vector graphics.

When Tie Fighter for the PC came out in the mid 90's I was hooked. Best spacecraft combat/mission simulator ever. Continued on with X-Wing vs Tie Fighter online and X-Wing Alliance. My roommate at the time and I would play head-to-head and curse each other, lol. Force Commander was good for playing tactical ground force field marshal; this game being incorporated into the ground attack portion of Empires at War, a good mix of strategic and tactical play. Didn't get into the FPS games.

Ahh, video games,.....

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Yes, Lucas did say that.

• daystar
    daystar
    Wasn't George Lucas' original plan to make 9 Star Wars movies, rather than 6? There were going to be productions of "Episodes 7, 8, & 9" after the "prequel" trilogy of Episodes 1, 2, and 3. At some point he dropped that idea.

I can recall some of the episodes that followed 4-6 were aired on some radio program when I was a kid. I don't know if they were Lucas' or not though.

*edit - I stand corrected. I must have misremembered. All I can find is that in 1981, they aired eps IV, V, VI as a radio serial on NPR. That must be what I remembered listening to.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon
    Y'all sound like you're more knwledgable on this stuff than me...

Did he ever reveal at least a basic outline of what was supposed to happen in the last 3 chapters?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sequel_trilogy

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

he never revealed the plots for the 7-9 movies. I read an online account that claimed they were going to be about luke going to the dark side and a clone of vader assisting him.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

was it from supershadow?

that guy is like the e-watchman of star wars geeks.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Yeah it was supershadow. http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/episode7/plot.html Once again I believe this is fiction and not the plot or ideas of George Lucus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit