JW children - conditionally loved?

by Gregor 32 Replies latest social family

• PinTail
    PinTail

You got that right, Amos.

• poppers
    poppers

What sad stories these are, particularly mimi's. Having never been a witness and coming from a large family (I am the youngest of 9 kids) I simply cannot relate to these situations. We all got along great, even though there were the usual familial tussles that inevitably arose. Now that we are adults of these many years later our bonds are even stronger. I am so blessed to have been raised in such a family. We were raised Catholic and when one of my brothers started reading about Buddhism my mom was momentarily shocked but got over it. She understood that each of us had a right to explore the world around us as long as it didn't harm us or others. Intellectual curiosity was not considered harmful, but was encouraged. Thanks mom, and rest in peace.

• sob
    sob

i would have to say that, just like every other religion, you gonna get those a-holes who are so fanatical about EVERYTHING that they can be persuaded to have "no natural affection" just like the people their so against. you know the saying, "if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"?

some people are just like that...they take everything to extremes, they don't think for themselves, they can be persuaded to do almost anything...i think a lot of the people you're talking about is like that...

in my family, my sis was dis'ed by the congregation for rediculous behavior, but my mother didn't disown her. neither did i. we're still as close as we were before...we just don't agree with what she does in her personal life...we still hang tight, though.

so your statement doesn't hold true for all JW's...just the weak ones.

-sob

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit