How can you be faithful yet not gullible or misled?

by The Dragon 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

I hear all the time how leaders justify why people should buy into and follow their guesses...and the whole defense is if you don't you have no faith.

What protects a "faithful" person from becoming prey to a self-exalted leader and their guesses? or are the faithful meant to be prey or something?

• bob1999
    bob1999

By reading and trusting the bible alone.

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

How can you read something you cannot fully understand, question, or get any undisputable answers from...as the Author is not present?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Dragon,

Faith imho requires a large measure of gullibility. It cannot work without this.

Lose your gullibility and you have lost your faith.

HS

• bob1999
    bob1999

Dragon

If you truly believe the author is not present, then it won't matter if you read it or not. It won't do you any good. :-(

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

The problem is..imo...

When trying to use the Bible (and for the record I believe in God very much) as a defense and offense from others also using it to justify and support their guesses.....They have the mindset that THEY alone understand it correctly...like for example..how far would you get arguing with the author of a book concerning what exactly he was saying and which words he meant to be taken literal and which should not?

You are going to get nowhere like that.....

Trying to debate with someone using the bible..is going to be as successful..unless you can point this out to them and remind them they have no more understanding than you...they will no longer be able to successfully use their delusions of grandour to defend their positions and guesses into the unknown.

I can only wonder why this situation has been allowed to be continue unopposed for so long....It seems like such a simple problem that compounds into a bunch of confusing, hard to understand ones.

I am not into being gullible by choice.....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I can't help you with the "faith" part. I destroyed that part of me you are referring to.
    I still have faith in people, but I understand that can leave me vulnerable. The thing to
    do is to not let your faith rule your life.

The thing you are referring to is your belief system, your faith in God, or whatever you
    have faith in. You say "The author is not present." That doesn't mean you have to depend
    on a single person's or a single religion's explanation. You can study different authors and
    different beliefs. You can understand that theirs are opinions and develop your own. You
    can respect beliefs even if you disagree with them.

My research examined the Bible as a book by men. I am confident in my research, but
    I understand opposite beliefs. Just as you are free to disagree with me, you are free to
    disagree with a preacher, rabbi, priest, author, analyst, atheist. The WTS told us we
    cannot disagree with them. Most religions allow for divergence of belief. If not, get out of
    there.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

yes dragon. being faithful to anyone but yourself leads to becoming prey.

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

I have been out for a long time...but I still have family and friends in the burning house.....so my fight does not end with my personal freedom from them..or my escape from the house..if you will.

If it means I have to take out the guy with lighter and gas can to rescue them...I am prepared to do so.

But then again..perhaps the guy with the gas and lighter has no clue what he is doing and merely needs to have his error pointed out to him..

Who the &^%@ knows for certain? I don't.

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

I still am facinated by the results that come from exposing the schemes to the intended prey.

I find that to be the best way so far to combat these fools...cause then people can defend, and smell out the bullshit for themselves...and do not need to be babysitted or dependant upon anyone to protect them from being misled, and "fleeced".

And you do not steal their thunder when they "put it down" themselves to their would be predators.

If I had the power to take away their power and control over others..that is how I would want to do it. Turn the prey into their predator's predator by doing it like that.

Entertaining...educational...and no consequences that I can see...a win/win for everyone concerned..even the target..perhaps they may learn a valuable lesson from it.

Like a rabbit suckering in and outsmarting a wolf who never sees it coming.......until he wakes up caged in a zoo on display wondering WTF happened.

playing dumb has it's merits imo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit