This is how messed up it was...

by themonster123 22 Replies latest jw friends

• themonster123
    themonster123

I've just been thinking about JWD and how messed it up it is how the Witnesses twisted things in my mind so I totally got mind-warped....What am I talking about, you ask? Well, whenever someone has a quote on here from Watchtower literature from years past (like from the 1970s or 1960s etc) proving that Witnesses have taught/do teach this or that in the past, I automatically discredit that quote necause how I was taught as a Witness was that whole new light thing-meaning...... "Oh, well, things have changed-our teachings have changed, we no longer believe or teach this, this, and that anymore,"- I'm so brainwashed that when I read old quotes on here where people prove to say that Witnesses taught this or that, it's like I kind of go "Oh well that quote doesnt' matter," But in reality.........

JWs should take responsibility for everything they've taught!!! and not just keep saying, "Well, that was then-this is now.

...I mean, from an outsider's view point, they would say "Oh, so WItnesses teach this?" if they're looking at a quote from, say, 1982, but me, the Witness (ex-witness, but...whatever), I kind of say, "Oh, this quote is from 1982 so it's okay that Witnesses said this or that back then because now, well, things have....changed."

What bologna. An organization should be responsible for everything t hey've said, not just "recent" stuff.

Does anyoneknow what I"m talking about or am I just using too many words? Blaaahhhh

• Arthur
    Arthur

It's incredible how powerful the concept of "new light" and "current understanding" is in the minds of a JW. There is nothing in the Scriptures that substantiates this phenomenon of changing teachings. The WTS's application of the text in Proverbs chapter 4 is a shameless example of twisting Scriptures to fit organizational ideology. Even if one attempted to apply Jesus' words regarding the Faithful Slave to a group of people; they would have to admit that the Watchtower's history of changing teachings and discarded predictions does not fit the description of a Slave that is discreet.

The Apostle Paul had repeatedly warned Christians not to become slaves of men, and not to allow oneself to be "tossed about by every wind of changing teaching". Only a thoroughly indoctrinated person could overlook all of these clear Scriptural teachings.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Your perceptions are on-target. The deceitful manipulation of their own written history is what has allowed this crackpot religious sect to survive up to the present time. It has allowed them, in full view of their constituents, to abdicate responsibility for what they write. They still use the Bible, don't they? It hasn't changed, has it?

And yet, the WTS has planted the self-censoring so deeply, that JWs take for granted that anything written prior to - what? - 30 years ago? - is potentially "old light." It is a staggering affirmation of P. T. Barnum's famous quote about people who pay to believe everything they see at the circus: "There's a sucker born every minute!"

• themonster123
    themonster123

Thank you Arthur and Bizzy Bee, yes, exactly my point-Prior to what year are they released from responisibility as to what they write!?

and Arthur, I like your pic-it's funny.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your right..A Jehovah`s Witness mindset is:"Thats not what we believe now.".....Anything else dosen`t matter..Thier brain shuts down and they go back into thier WBT$ Coma...OUTLAW

• White Dove
    White Dove

I thought the Bible said the light gets brighter. I never saw anything about new light in the Bible only brighter light.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I never read in the Bible anything about old light, either. The light gets brighter, not off or new or old or dimmer...

• White Dove
    White Dove

You ever hear of a JW say their past JW life was a waste because of all of that old useless false light? I've never heard one say anything but how they were blessed for so many years of healthful teaching. Old light healthful? Hmmm...

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

Yes, I also agree with what you are saying. What amazes me about the "new light" nonsense is how "The Org." has totally altered many previous beliefs. Many current JW's would be shocked or in total disbelief if they knew certain things about the past.

How about the long forgotten teachings of C.T.Russell? And what about the cross that is on C.T.Russell's gravesite? Or the fact that Judge Rutherford gave out Christmas presents at a "society" meeting? And speaking of the cross, how many know that a cross used to appear at the top of the Watchtower magazine?

Just a few examples of what that "new light" has done.

• horrible life
    horrible life

I still find myself reading and thinking little nicey things like that, then I come to my senses. And I think how stupid and how much of a cult they are. When you think about it, it is amazing that anybody ever leaves. It has to say something about all who are here, we are stronger than we thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit