Crazy things you were "forced" to do in the Borg

by RR 19 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

Were you ever told to do things that had no bearing on the scriptures or even policies of the Watchtower?

We had one CO who upon inspection insisted that the body of elders and servants be cleaven shaven, cut their hair and remove their sideburns.

I use to have a patch of hair under my bottom lip. The CO pointing to it asked, "What's that?" I looked at him and said "It's a puertorican thing" He told me "You're a Christian, shave it off." needless to say I never did, it didn't matter, I was gone later!

RR

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    He told me "You're a Christian, shave it off."

Sounds like a first-class a$$hole RR. Way to give 'em hell my boricua brother.

Nvr

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

A brother could not be appointed as a servant unless he wore white shirts - that was probably the late 60's or eartly 70's.

• FourMs
    FourMs

In my old hall, we had many brothers that were going bald, so a few of the hairdressers in the hall had them all shaving their heads. I found this idea to be very practical, rather than the comb over. When the CO came, he said from the platform that that style was inappropriate and, in quoting him he said “besides, you all look like a bunch of cancer patients anyways”.

So, by the time he visited again, all the brothers were growing out the comb over look again.

I feel that is so unfair to voice an opinion like that and using your position to do so, when it has no scriptural bearings…

FourMs

• FourMs
    FourMs

Bonnie_Clyde - that white shirt thing was a rule in a hall that I moved into about 10 years ago. In that hall, if a travelling speaker showed up in a color shirt, they had white ones downstairs to change into.

That same hall, the brothers had to wear white bathing suits to get baptized. Poor them…

FourMs

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

When I was in situations of trying to be intised into the slavery, I heard about the baptism without a beard or not being able to give talks with a beard, etc, and that was also a red-flag for me to do more research, and it just sounds wrong, right off the bat.

It's amazing that Jesus Christ would not qualify to be a JW under the WTS rules and regs. That should always be a tell-tale sign for them to cut and run, but somehow, it's explained away.

Kool-aid anyone?

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

"That same hall, the brothers had to wear white bathing suits to get baptized."

Sometimes you can see through white bathing suits when they get wet.

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Yes, well that was the whole purpose behind the white bathing suits...perhaps you haven't heard of www.silentlambs.com"

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

"Yes, well that was the whole purpose behind the white bathing suits...perhaps you haven't heard of www.silentlambs.com"

Hmmm......and they encourage the young witlesses to get baptized at earlier and earlier ages.......hmmm............I think I am beginning to understand.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

All elders and MS were to be at the KH twenty minutes prior to the start of the meeting. The book study was the exception.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit