Allow me to introduce myself

by RollerDave 38 Replies latest jw friends

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Greetings Dave! So happy to see you here and jumping right in. Thank you for sharing your story! This board is addictive and I am sure you will have a lot of fun here.

So glad to hear you have a beautiful immediate family! Pride in our children is such a glorious feeling. So happy to hear she has grown into a beautiful woman and that you have a partner to share your joy with!

I find it so insulting you were treated so badly by such unfeeling and hurtful individuals! You are certainly proving them the liars! Welcome!

Kitten Whiskers

• wildfire
    wildfire

HI DAVE...GOOD TO HAVE YOU ONBOARD.....I am a native of the Dakotas...so dontcha know ,,we need more of the Cool Accent People...I still have one daughter who is married and living in Minneapolis...who is in the Borg...My exit has been since 2002 after 28 years in captivity...the crazy part was my initial step out came when I read my jw daughters book GEORGE ORWELL,,1984 and was shocked with the similarities to big brother and the doublespeak,, how did you find this site.. take care....

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Hi there Dave....Welcome.

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

Thanks for the post. Please keep posting.

• new boy
    new boy

Greetings Friend

May you live long and prosper.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome RollerDave

I use to be amazed by the lack of love and the different unkind comments, but with my years at the board, it is "common". That doesn't excuse the JW's lack of love by any means. Just further proof that they don't have one of the fruits of a true religion: brotherly love.

I couldn't imagine Jesus ever saying what that elder said to you:

The final straw for me was when an elder actually said I should stop asking to be baptized and equated my depression with mental retardation by saying "as a retarded person, you can't BE baptized, you are under your mother's grace."

Shame on him......

I am glad you have a loving family to support you.

Codeblue

• free2think
    free2think

Hi Roller Dave and welcome to jwd. Thank you for sharing your story.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

First welcome Roller, glad you are here with us. Thanks for sharing your story. Thank goodness you never were baptized. It certainly was a blessing that the elders were so stupid, that they never knew you.

Leslie

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Loved the introduction! You're a pleasure to read...

~Merry

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

First, I would like to thank you all for your welcoming and kind words.

Now, a few specific responses...

Arthur: No, I had never heard of Mr Pinette before, but after googling him, that pic does resemble him a little. What I get more often is that I look like John Popper of the Blues Traveler. Of course, no Still photo can fully represent what is really dynamic. I guess you'd have to picture the beard, goatee, ponytail, candy-purple wheelchair, black leather hat, and other accessories I am never without.

Crumpet: Thank you for noticing that I am, in fact, not retarded. I admit that I have lurked on and off for some time. I was finally moved to post by familial pressures surrounding my mother's progressing Alzheimer's and the total warfare that has broken out over her care, but that will be another post.

Gopher: Nice to see a fellow Minne-Snow-tan! What part of the Land of 10,000 Taxes do you hail from?
    Oh, and you would be right, that 'elder' is younger than me! His primary qualification, as far as I can tell, is a single-minded ability to delude himself and a dogged persistence at his duties. Let's just say that this guy never awed me.

Journey-on: Yes, it was a very hurtful thing for him to have said, but seeing as I was already quite well aware which of us was the clever fellow and which was the dunce, it rather outraged me more than having any actual sting.

Fools can’t hurt you unless you let them.

Kitten whiskers: They say the best revenge is to live well, if that's the case I am having a splendid revenge indeed. I own my own business, more than enough house and land for what I like to do; my fiancée has a college education that I helped her get, and a great job at 3M. We have a relatively new vehicle, and have all that we need, a lot of what we merely want, and some things we never expected.

Life is good, I guess you could say revenge is sweet, but do they see it that way?

One must not forget they are the masters of rationalization and having it all ways. This plays into the similarities with 1984 that Wildfire mentioned:

Let's examine four possibilities, shall we?

I'm a witness and prospering: Jehovah's blessing is plain to see!
    I'm a witness and destitute: I'm being tested, suffering for Jehovah's name!
    I've left the witnesses and am prospering: See how Satan rewards his own!
    I've left the Witnesses and am destitute: Jehovah has withdrawn his blessing!

There’s no way you can win if you let them frame the debate!

Good thing my happiness does not require their consternation because you can't win against such willful ignorance; you can only refuse to engage it.

And thus, in spite of their persistent delusions, they lose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit