Allow me to introduce myself

by RollerDave 38 Replies latest jw friends

• brinjen
    brinjen

Welcome Dave! I'm new to JWD myself. As for their mental retard comments, I'd take them as a compliment. Look at what the elders call NORMAL!

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

Welcome to the board Dave!! Great intro too!!

Youve come to the right place pal. Lots of people on here can relate to your experiences. Hope to hear more from you!

• hambeak
    hambeak

Welcome guy and you will meet some really great folks here

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Welcome to the board Dave! Glad your here with us.

Great post!

Cheers! Atlantis & Nevada-

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome Yes it was a blessing that you were never baptised as a JW... Good to have you among us... We are a GREAT CROWD!!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat
    The final straw for me was when an elder actually said I should stop asking to be baptized and equated my depression with mental retardation by saying "as a retarded person, you can't BE baptized, you are under your mother's grace."

Hmmmm, I bet the same reasoning is used by our local elders to deny my husband from field service. He's been waiting six years and counting.

"we don't go to the meetings to make friends, we go to worship Jehovah."

"Jehovah is a happy God" "Jehovah's people are the happiest people on earth." But refrain from too much socializing. Yah, right.

So I had to start over in my thirties, and I was an isolated single dad with a disability, would I sink? I had to rediscover and reinvent myself from the ground up and I am glad I did....I am humbly pleased with my progress as a human being as well.

I am very pleased to hear it. You sound like a very nice human being. Happy to make your acquaintance.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Interesting story,

Welcome RD!!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    The final straw for me was when an elder actually said I should stop asking to be baptized and equated my depression with mental retardation by saying "as a retarded person, you can't BE baptized, you are under your mother's grace."

Jah's Holy Spirit throws yet another interception when it comes to guiding the appointment of qualified men, lol

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the board, Roller Dave. Great post!

Cellist

• journey-on
    journey-on
    equated my depression with mental retardation by saying "as a retarded person, you can't BE baptized, you are under your mother's grace."

It's sad that one heartless ignoramous can say something so hurtful (albeit untrue) that it effects the way you think for many years, sometimes for a lifetime.

Welcome, friend.......

Journey-on

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit