I've soooooo had it

by LovesDubs 19 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

This should be a proud and HAPPY TIME in my life as a mom. :( On top of everything else in my life these days...Im in the process of planning a Sweet Sixteen party for my little girl for May 12, and my oldest son graduates from high school on May 18 followed by a party I am TRYING to have for him on May 26 followed by my daughter's four dance company recitals the weekend of June 1. Also my youngest sons birthday is this Sunday....

So...I spent DAYS designing and mailing out gorgeous graduation invitations to everybody I know and all our wacked relatives. I wrote to the JWs in advance and asked if they would please put their differences aside for one night to celebrate my son's achievements. My son wants to be with the ones he loves...and I hoped that wasnt too much to ask. Well...apparently it is. I never heard back from my JW relatives...not a yes not a no...nothing. My mother in law who is DAd like me...and married to a JW elder...was so excited to come down and see her grandkids and stuff and now writes me to say she wont be coming because it would "cause problems with P and her family and your husband if I came". And my husbands oldest non-JW brother wont come because the JWs are shunning my mother in law so HE and his wife wont come either. And now my sister and mother arent coming because they "just spent all their money going to see C and his dying wife" so THEY arent coming...that I understood...but now NONE of my relatives are coming. NONE Im just soooo fed up with all these egos who cant fucking PARK IT AT THE DOOR for one night!!!! And Im having it at my sister in laws house becuase mine is under construction and SHE is in the process of a divorce so her EX isnt coming and its his weekend with the kids so the KIDS arent coming and his two adult children whom I have known since they were in 6th grade wont come because they side with their DAD in the divorce and therefore their SPOUSES and their KIDS arent coming either....

I could cry...I have shingles...my stomach is upset 24/7 and I cant sleep.

God please make it be mid June and all this be over. :(

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Jesus H. Christ man...there is just no end to the poison that f#cked up religion injects in peoples lives is it?

• PEC
    PEC

(((((((LovesDubs))))))))

You should have told them all they were not invited, them they would all want to come.

IMHO, It is time to shun all of them, don't waste any more of your energy on these people.

Philip

• bebu
    bebu

I would be tempted to send them all a thank you note, something like this:

Dear (list every crazy relative's name on every card, so they know how many people are being rude),

I just wanted to thank you for being so kind and considerate. Our oldest son is graduating, which is one of the very biggest occasions for a young man (apart from marriage and children), and every single one of you has refused to attend. Not one of his own relatives will be attending this party in his honor. Not even one.

Thank you, my family, very much. For nothing.

I hope such a note would shock them with shame. I truly hope so.

bebu

• sinis
    sinis

I say screw them all!!!! Invite yor neighbors, and your sons school friends and family over. Shit you may not know them but your son does - at least he can enjoy the company and you can make NEW friends!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    I wrote to the JWs in advance and asked if they would please put their differences aside for one night to celebrate my son's achievements

Isn't it awful that we have to think ahead about what may offend their Cult-Conscience? (And I'm SURE they play on it). They never consider that WE may be offended by having thoughts/beliefs different from theirs. I could cry for you LovesDubs. We're just dismissed.

I was just looking at - 'The Secret of Family Happiness' published by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc (online, on the WT Org site) lol - what a joke.

• under_believer
    under_believer

((((LovesDubs))))

• journey-on
    journey-on

There just aren't any words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I'm talkin' about. The JWs are crazy. They are not in their right mind! They are brainwashed and mind-controlled and they don't even see the pure absurdity of their behavior. Any grandfather or grandmother who actually believes this is what God expects of them is nuts! If they can' see this, they are absolutely hopelessly under some kind of SPELL imo.

My heart goes out to you for what you are dealing with.

• gymbob
    gymbob

I'm with Bebu....let 'em know how disappointed, no, how PISSED you are by sending a note to tell EVERYONE OF THEM what a great witness they have made....damn cult!

• daystar
    daystar

Matt. 5:30

30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit