Ex-dubs in Southern Ca.

by jterfehr 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Mum
    Mum

I wondered about the meaning of "dub" at one time myself. I made an incorrect assumption that it referred to the dubs' annoying habit (which I once had) of "downloading" info like a tape recording machine and repeating it, thereby bypassing the thinking mechanism they have allowed to go dormant.

• jterfehr
    jterfehr

What a great response, and in less than a day, I am sure there will be more. Those of you with private e-mails should contact me directly. Let me be clear here...I don't want to do anything that even resembles any kind of convention or meeting or special talk or anything like that. YUK that makes me sick to the stomach.

What I am proposing is perhaps a picnic like the one in frisco, or something like that. Just to hang out at a park, get to meet new people, ect ect.

The weather is getting great here in Palm Springs area, and perhaps it would be a good place to go. Your thoughts all??

JOHN (And yes that is my real name, what are they gonna do double df me!!!)

• gumby
    gumby

I used to live in the pomona/chino area back in the 60's and 70's. I was born there and left when I was 19 and raised a witness. Moved to ariz.(wickenburg) for 16 years.
    Now live in northern cal.

• rem
    rem

AAAAAHHHHH!!! He said "frisco"! LOL

(The locals use "The City" or "The Peninsula" or even "San Fran", but NEVER "Frisco") :)

rem

• jterfehr
    jterfehr

Please excuse my foux paux, as I am NOT a local, is it still ok for my to say 'frisco'?

• rem
    rem

jterfehr,

Haha - of course I knew you weren't a local. :) I'm not technically a local either, but I do know that native San Franciscan's do hate that term with a passion (or at least all of the one's I've met do). If you use it in front of an SF local they are bound to roll their eyes at you or walk away in disgust or maybe even form a possie and go after you. (Scarry if your are in the Tenderloin or Castro regions!) ;)

You are free to say 'frisco' if you'd like. It doesn't bother me. It's just funny that most non-locals say that, and that is one way San Franciscan's spot non-locals.

Hope that helps!

rem

• Topangagal
    Topangagal

Hi John!!

You bet!!There are plenty of ex-dubs in So.Cal!! This is my first time posting on this website and I am glad to do it!! I have two relatives[immediate family members] who are active on this website("Worf" and "boozerunner").I live in Topanga,California which is about 3 miles south of Malibu and 5 miles north of Woodland Hills.I would love to get together with the group!!

Topangagal

• sf
    sf

Hello Pamela, it is nice to "meet" you. I am Skallywagger. Worf and I speak on the phone quite a bit. I recently was told that BR is related too. This is wonderful that three family members are here. It is inspirational to me; as yesterday I "dicovered" that my mother NOW has a computer! The odds of her ever surfing upon sites such as "these" are zero. YET, now I have hope...(and search engines). Thank you, truly.

If you have yahoo messenger downloaded, please join us in voice chat/ webcam chats in various jw and ex jw rooms that are set up there. It is where I usually am, cutting/pasting updates, sites, URLs, breaking news related to WTBTS, etc. When I'm not pasting, I'm usually reading and searching as I am chatting about and pasting up what I am reading. If you need any help finding me, after you get into yahoo mess, type in "wturls" and "add as friend", if you like.

{{{{{Hug}}}}}

Sincerely, sKally

• treeny
    treeny

Wow !! if I knew ther was so many of you in SanDiego this past Summer I could have used your help. We vacationed there a couple of xs and loved it. I'm from Merced Ca. More in the valley. It's nice to have the best of all worlds here. Mountains, oceans. Great to meet you all. Take care,
    Terry

• julien
    julien

I'm in Ventura County..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit