How far have you come?

by done4good 14 Replies latest jw friends

• done4good
    done4good

I certainly agree that nationalism is a bad thing. Quite obviously, I know we all know that no one is better than anyone due to county of birth or residence. That wasn't the point here, nor was this intended to be a political thread. I am simply stating examples of ways in which I am getting away from jw think, (after 1.5 years out). I also have very different views from my jw days on many things, such as sex, money, employment, almost everything. Let's turn this around, and come up with some non-political examples...

j

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Sorry, but why do you seem mad? You mentioned patriotism in your post, so that is why we are posting patriotic responses, you set the tone, and we followed.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I vote, but I have a tremendous distaste for politicians. Since I was raised a witness, I cant tell for sure but I dont think it has anything to do with having been a witness.

A person could enter politics with the best of intentions, but I dont see how he could get past being a city council man without being corrupt.

Politicians cater to special interest groups. If your not lobbying a politician you are not being represented. If you are lobied and take bribes, favors and gifts you have no ethics.

Is there any other reality?

Is there a politician that doesnt take bribes favors and gifts?

• done4good
    done4good
    Sorry, but why do you seem mad? You mentioned patriotism in your post, so that is why we are posting patriotic responses, you set the tone, and we followed.

Mad, me naw! Just trying to get some broader input...The first thing that came into my head was patriotism, so I posted as such. The WT has always taught that patriotism leads to nationalism. My take on this, is that is does not have to, so in that way I have come out of jw think. What are some other ways people have some to have a different understanding of things that the wts claimed to be taboo?

j (The always mad one)

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Jaguarbass, perhaps your disdain for politicians is due to the fact that they can speak out of both sides of their mouth, something that reminds you of the JW leadership?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit