WHAT MUCH DOES AVERAGE JW DONATE IN A YEAR?

by badboy 11 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY IDEAS?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

It's impossible to say, but this is their official line regarding donations

What financial contributions are expected of those attending meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses?

Regarding money contributions, the apostle Paul said: "Let each one do just as he has resolved in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." ( 2 Corinthians 9:7 ) At the Kingdom Halls and convention auditoriums of Jehovah's Witnesses, no collections are ever taken. Boxes are placed so that it is convenient for any who wish to contribute to do so. No one knows what or if others give. Some are able to give more than others; some may not be able to give anything. Jesus showed the right view when he commented on the treasury box at the temple in Jerusalem and those contributing: It is one's capacity to give and the spirit of giving that count, not the amount of money.— Luke 21:1-4 .

The not "under compulsion" part is bull$hit. If the flock aren't contributing enough, the elders are very quick to remind them of their financial obligation to support the wts.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I checked my records from when I was account servant from 2001-2002. There were over 100 publishers™ in the congregation. I issued 21 tax receipts. All the elders made donations except for the PO. The rest of the donations came mostly from the elderly and a couple of single sisters™.

W

• Warlock
    Warlock

A lot less than an educated Mormon.

Warlock

• sspo
    sspo

Our congr. has 150 pubs and our monthly contributions average between 400 and 550 dollars.

So individually is not much at all and that's been the case in almost every cong. i've been in.

• badboy
    badboy

THAT AN AVERAGE OF £/$3 A MONTHS!

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I think it depends on the hall and if the people have money or not. I was in a hall where there were a lot of women whose hubbies were not JW and they were dripping in dough. They were VERY generous. The halls may not be doing well but considering that people are getting the hard sell to will stuff to the WTBTS, the men at the top are making sure the money is still coming in. A family member recently modified their will and they left EVERYTHING to the WTBTS, I am sure their three kids (who are not JWs) will be thrilled to know this when the day comes.

• badboy
    badboy

I AM SURE THEY WILL BE THRILLED!

• Numinous
    Numinous

i have known of older ones who have left the WT in their will and the relatives were furious after the fact. A KH in nearby Wisconsin that was thinking of closing up shop due to lack of membership also had a large contribution after someone died and built a new KH with the money. Most publishers don't contribute that much and young ones who are pioneers certainly don't. I felt that all of my time was taken up and I turned by life around by getting a small job so, no, they didn't get a lot of money from me in all of the years that I was in. Once the old-timers go who feel the need to put the WT in their will, I believe, there will be little in the way of contributions.

• ninja
    ninja

I was really annoyed ...one time I threw in a pound coin...and the string broke....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit