Light-hearted Humor from Pio meeting....

by metaspy 5 Replies latest jw friends

• metaspy
    metaspy

(pardon the JW speak, but I know no other way)
    I just went to the circuit assembly (from here out: CA). I am a pioneer, thus I get the added priviledge of going to the Friday Pio meeting. This meeting was much more entertaining than the actual CA. Here are some highlights:

One brother made an odd but stunningly true statement. While talking about elders being imperfect, he mentioned about not getting upset with these "gifts in men". He put it this way: "What did the momma whale say to the baby whale? When you go to the top and blow off steam, that is when you will most likely get harpooned." So true! When you tell the elders that they did a crapshoot job of following the course of wisdom, usually you walk away with a harpoon in your back.

Another brother made a humorous mistake. He was discussing Matt 22:23-28 for some reason or other. He was saying how each of the seven brothers die one after the other. He did not want to say it that way, so instead he wanted to say successively. However, he said "successfully", which is kind of funny. "so each of the brothers died successfully." Ah the wonders of the english language. (we all laughed, and he did not get the joke)

• jgnat
    jgnat

LOL Good ones.

What did the momma whale say to the baby whale?

Dive deep dear, and don't come up for air too often.

• anewme
    anewme

That was funny Metaspy!

You are living a very difficult life hon, going between the two worlds.

Thankyou for sharing with us,

Anewme

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    When you tell the elders that they did a crapshoot job of following the course of wisdom, usually you walk away with a harpoon in your back.

LOL. I wonder if that is what the brother making the comment meant.

• metaspy
    metaspy

The brother didn't follow through on my application of his comments, but it certainly seemed like he wanted to.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    When you go to the top and blow off steam, that is when you will most likely get harpooned."
    So true! When you tell the elders that they did a crapshoot job of following the course of wisdom,
    usually you walk away with a harpoon in your back.

Brutal honesty. If you complain about the elders, you might get stabbed in the back.

Let's expand the analogy a bit. The whale is coming up for air. You could say,
    "If you are looking for spiritual refreshment (comfort) or relief from the pressure you
    are under (thru confession), just grab some air and get out of there. Don't spend
    enough time there (in a shepherding/counseling session) for them to take aim."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit