Complaint procedure question

by bagpuss 4 Replies latest jw friends

• bagpuss
    bagpuss

It is almost four years since I attended my last meeting, and in that time have had no contact with people from the cong, other than brief meetings in supermarkets etc. Out of the blue last week I had a phone call from a sister in a neighbouring cong to tell me that she was writing an official complaint to bethel about an elder in the cong I attended. It was about an incident that happened eight years ago when her daughter was in hospital, and that I was aware of. Sadly her daughter died and there are no witnesses to the incident,which I always saw as an elder being tactless and something best forgotton. How would a complaint like this be received after all this time and as no-one witnessed what happened is any action likely to be taken?

• DJK
    DJK

Might need more info on the incedent for anyone to comment.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If the elder did not violate procedure, but just handled something badly, nothing will happen.
    Virtually all letters are kicked back to the local congregation to handle, or to the CO to
    investigate. Her CO will likely console her, telling her that she won't be informed as to how
    they will handle her complaint, but that it will be fully looked into.

The CO or local BOE will look into it, and dismiss it. Closed.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    Sadly her daughter died and there are no witnesses to the incident,

More than likely, nothing will be done. How are you aware of the incident?

If I can ask, what kind of incident. Without witnesses, it is second had information. Nothing can be done about that.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

He might apologize for offending her, or be told to apologize to her for offending her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit