List some examples where JWs get to have it both ways

by ithinkisee 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

They won't allow their children to join organized sports teams. It may lead to missed meetings, and too much association with worldly people, but if you are a "rich" sposrts JW celebrity, it's ok. (Venus Williams) They condemn "worldly" music/lyrics, and claim they do not listen to suggestive songs. But, if you're a "rich" JW music star (Prince) it's all good. Many are even members on a main Prince website, and witness to non-believers.

• dmouse
    dmouse

Who dies at Armageddon?

Householder: You believe that everyone except JWs will die at Armageddon

JW - No, we cannot judge hearts, only God can do that, we cannot say how many will survive.

Next day, One JW talking to another:

JW1: I'll be safe through Armageddon, because I'm a JW.

JW2: Ah, but the scripture says that being saved is only 'probable', not guaranteed.

JW1: My workmates are good people, Jehovah surely won't kill them?

JW2: Look what the society says- 'Only JWs have any scriptural hope of surviving Armageddon.'

w90 5/15 page 6

"Those slain by Jehovah will certainly come to be in that day from one end of the earth clear to the other end of the earth. They will not be bewailed, neither will they be gathered up or be buried. As manure on the surface of the ground they will become." (Jeremiah 25:33) Any attempt to remain neutral in God’s war will cost you your life at Armageddon!"

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

One of the first "double standards" that the Watchtower promotes is telling the public that one should "examine one's religion" to see if it is "the truth." Yet, one the other hand, any JW doing the same with the Watchtower organization can be disfellowshipped.

• Scully
    Scully

The way they put conditions on relatives who want to marry a Worldly Person™. Don't have the wedding in a church. Don't have certain music or throw rice or honk horns or offer toasts or clink glasses together. The couple bends over backwards to appease the JW family members, and then the JWs boycott the wedding anyway.

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Whenever any other religion does anything good, praiseworthy or commendable to help others in their community or anywhere in the world following a disaster, they are said to only be serving Satan.

JWs, on the other hand, don't even try to do anything of any real worth to help out anybody who isn't another JW.

They won't support relief agencies or charities. They don't have orphanages or hospitals. They don't have colleges or trade schools to improve the world by educating people. They limit their own "good works" to preaching, always on the clock, of course.

In true hypocritical form, however, JW literature proudly proclaims how grateful all those non-JWs are for all the help and assistance freely given them by JWs 24 / 7, especially after a disaster, and how many tons of goods they freely distributed to non-JWs, and how non-JWs were so very astonished that the JWs don't just help their own like all those other religions supposedly do.

Makes me ill.

Meanwhile, on another JW board, there was a thread regarding the Virginia Tech shootings. JW after JW made the comment that they hope their "brothers and sisters in the Truth" are all right and are coping okay. Nobody offered the same hope for the non-JWs, who were undoubtedly the majority of the ones affected by the tragedy.

To me this is the JWs greatest failing as a religion and as a people.

Susan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit