Medals & Trophies

by SilverNyte 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

If the medals or trophies had a cross on them or a pagan god, I can see why some "sensitive" JW would insist.

Otherwise the WTS has accepted medals for its videography endeavors.

http://www.jw-media.org/edu_videos/index.htm

Faithful Under Trials—Jehovah's Witnesses in the Soviet Union
    On three nights in early April 1951, thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses from Ukraine, Moldavia, and the Baltic lands—men, women, and children—were loaded into boxcars and exiled to Siberia. Why did the powerful Soviet government regard the Witnesses as a threat? How did they survive and prosper despite decades of unrelenting persecution? Historians and eyewitnesses recount the enlightening and inspiring story of Jehovah's Witnesses in the former Soviet Union.
    Winner of the 2003 Telly Award - Bronze, category - History/Biography

Protect Your Children (Public Service Announcement)
    The public service announcement Protect Your Children received outstanding recognition in September 2003 when it was nominated by the the National Television Academy for an Emmy Award in the category of Public and Community Service. This public service announcement is part of an ongoing effort by Jehovah's Witnesses to bring attention to Bible principles that can help families deal with some of the most complex social issues of our time.
    (No longer available)

*** yb98 pp. 61-62 Worldwide Report ***Although pioneers work hard to take the Kingdom message to people, they hardly expect to receive a medal for their work. Yet that is exactly what happened to one of our special pioneers in Venezuela.Carmen Bravo was surprised one day to receive an invitation from the town’s "Páez Ladies’ Committee" to attend a celebration at which she was to receive a medal for her "valuable contribution in the religious field." But why? The town of Guasdualito has experienced considerable guerrilla activity, but 70-year-old Carmen has a calming effect on the people as she answers their questions from the Bible, conducts Bible studies, and places Bible literature. Many people in that town read and appreciate TheWatchtower and Awake! Also, the authorities are impressed by the number of marriages that have been legalized as a result of the evangelizing work of Jehovah’s Witnesses. All in all, Carmen is viewed as an asset to the community. Carmen happily accepted the medal, but she humbly feels that she is simply being used by Jehovah to take his message to people.—Compare 1 Corinthians 3:6, 7.

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

Do they also command their followers to throw away their Diplomas and degrees as well? WTF?

I cannot believe people fall for their crap as easy as they do.

That is a really brillant command....perhaps they need to write a Awake this week to warn high school kids to drop out of school right before graduation so they will not recieve an idol called a diploma.

Mercy....

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

SliverNyte, I couldn't find anything about throwing away medals or trophies, but that latest propaganda piece from the Borg, "Young People Ask: What Will I Do With My Life?" encourages young people to mentally throw them away.

It's the one with the track star who becomes a pioneer. He looks over his many medals, trophies, and accolades, and decides that a "full-time career" of foisting cheap rags on the populace for free is better in the eyes of god. Eventually he is convinced that all his hard work "was a lot of refuse."

I don't have as many trophies as Andre--not by a longshot--but what few accolades and badges I have earned...they are my hard work. I'll never consider them as nothing.

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

Perhaps the FDS needs to set an example and explain how they are going to refuse and throw away their crowns when their Boss goes to reward them for their services..........yeah...ok......

Hypocrisy at it's best folks!

• SilverNyte
    SilverNyte

Excellent points, all. Thanks!

silver

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit