Medals & Trophies

by SilverNyte 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SilverNyte
    SilverNyte

When I became a JW and started getting serious about it, I discovered that I should throw all my medals and trophies out. It was such a long time ago and I don't remember why now. Could someone explain to me why I had to do that? I recall it having something to do with self-glorification. Are there any W.T. articles that you could refer me to?

Thanks. Silver.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I did the same thing........sad .....very sad

• SilverNyte
    SilverNyte

What did you throw out? I threw out two track and field medals I won in grade 4, a bunch of medals, trophies and plaques I won in hockey when I was 8, 9 and 10 and a whack load of trophies and medals I won for when I played 5 pin bowling. I'm really upset with myself for throwing all those memories away!!!!!!

Silver

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

I guess the Williams sisters had to throw away all of their tennis trophies too

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I got rid of ribbons from track and gymnastics. A few trophies........(I wasnt that great)

but alot of stuff for recognition in furniture........and refused to participate in alot of programs that I could/would have recieved recognition.

DumbAss!!!

purps

• SilverNyte
    SilverNyte

Furniture? How do you mean?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I was a furniture buyer/merchandiser and could have had an awesome career but felt materialistic and greedy......not putting the kingdom first yadda yadda yadda and felt it was wrong to accept recognition for "just doing my job"

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

Is there an article from WTBS mentioning Medals & Trophies? I hope Blondie can find it. I will PM her.

• SilverNyte
    SilverNyte

Wow, geez. That sucks, man.

I gave up going to Berkley Conservatory of Music (by invitation) to study theory and stuff. Lots of big name rock stars went there. I could have become famous, dammit! And rich!

But, you know what? If any of that would have happened, I wouldn't have met my sweety, Rayvin and I wouldn't be having the fantastic life I've got now. My life might of been alot different, maybe for the worse. Who knows? I probably would have ruined my health and career with drugs. Before becomeing a witness i was a drug addicted musician playing the festivals and schools and the bar circuit in Ottawa. So I guess I should be gre3atful, eh? Everything happens for a reason.

Silver

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

im happy for you silver!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit