The Catholic Church reverses it's teaching on Limbo

by moshe 14 Replies latest social current

• moshe
    moshe

VATICAN CITY (April 21) - Pope Benedict XVI has reversed centuries of traditional Roman Catholic teaching on limbo, approving a Vatican report released Friday that says there were "serious" grounds to hope that children who die without being baptized can go to heaven.

Will wonders never cease. Perhaps the WT Society will soon open up the gates of heaven to all JW's soon, too.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks for posting this moshe! Just heard about it tonight on Bill Maher's show.

Amazing!

Nvr

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I cant wait to see the Witness response to this. It will be to mock how unreliable the Catholic Church is with their pagan doctrine, and will play on this as proof they are false religion. I wonder how many will wake up and realise this change in doctrine is no different to what the Watchtower Society has done on numerous occasions over the last 100 years.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I cant wait to see the Witness response to this. It will be to mock how unreliable the Catholic Church is with their pagan doctrine, and will play on this as proof they are false religion. I wonder how many will wake up and realise this change in doctrine is no different to what the Watchtower Society has done on numerous occasions over the last 100 years.

DITTO bro! That's exactly what I was wondering jwfacts.

This gives me hope. The world is a scary place. But I think humanity might just wake up from the paralyzing slumber that is religion.

Nvr

• poppers
    poppers

At least in this instance, when the CC realizes it has its head stuck up its ass it is willing to pull it out. I wonder if the WT will ever realize its head is up its ass too, with or without any "new light".

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

The dubs tout how progressive they are with new understanding blah blah and how the churches are static. I would tend to think this is a pretty progressive move for the RCC. This along with many reforms to the liturgy in the past 50 years or so.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?
    The dubs tout how progressive they are

The Pony Express and Door to Door salesmanship was progressive at one time in the late 1800's and early 1900's...the WTS lives in their world, while the rest of society prefers those new fangled modern conveniences of the 21st century like the internet and FedEx next day delivery.

• juni
    juni

Another stupid man made doctrine bites the dust. How can people fall for this crap? Ooops I did for 21 years as a JW. No difference.

Most happy to hear that now all of those wayward souls can move on........

Juni

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

WTS reversing a previous doctrine - 'Some Christians used to believe x'

RCC reversing a previous doctrine - 'WE used to teach x'

Winner: RCC

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

WTS reversing a previous doctrine - 'Some Christians used to believe x'

RCC reversing a previous doctrine - 'WE used to teach x'

Winner: RCC

Yes, and don't forget to insult those "some Christians" for being gullible enough to think that, for example, a generation would mean a literal 70-80 years, or 1975 would be the start of Christ's Millennial Reign! Yes, how ignorant they were! Certainly we would not like to be like those who had a false understanding. They were foolish and did not follow the Lamb wherever he goes. Now he goes here. Now he goes back to what he used to think. Better march in step! And better not march too fast, because then you'll be stepping ahead of the Organization, too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit