NBC News shows no integrity

by M.J. 26 Replies latest social current

• sandy
    sandy

I don't think most of us watch out of fear but instead morbid curiosity. At least that is why I watch. I do get tired of all the coverage but I just change the channel or turn off the T.V.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Morbid curiosity, rubber necking, whatever you call it. They show it again and again because people watch and the advertisers make money.

• SuzieQ
    SuzieQ

After all the hoopla over the shootings in Va; JW's came to my door this morning (I'm a whole continent away from VA.USA), they were trying to place their latest Awake and Watchtower based on fear in the aftermath of the VA. shooting rampage. Personally, I was offended! How do any of you feel about this? Would you accept magazines on the topic of violence related to something horrible that happened 4000 miles away from you? Isn't there violence everyday? Won't there possibly be violence tomorrow at any given place and time? I can't feel any better because a magazine assures me that there is an answer to these problems. I know what the answer will be from their magazines - - "Jehovah's Kingdom". This has no meaning for me nor in my outlook for mankind's future. What do you think. Please send me a reply; I would feel better knowing how some of you feel, since you have experience with JW's or were JW's at one time. Thanks! SQ

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The next phsyco is watching, he doesn't know he is, yet his plan is to beat 32 dead.

Sorry folk's, that's life and we thank the media for bringing it to us!

My condolences to those who have lost someone recently and in the future.

NASA

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

That's very interesting. The day after they received the package, they declared on MSNBC that they were only going to spend 10% of their broadcast time on this, to refrain from giving it more airtime than it deserves. Looks like they reneged on that?

• EnlightenedMind
    EnlightenedMind
    Is there a station that in the same position, would have done different?

I absolutely agree. The only reason the other stations are on their soapboxes now is because they didn't get the packet, so they didn't have the opportunity. They have an obligation to report the news, but that is a distant second priority when compared to making money. And unfortunately, "if it bleeds, it leads."

• M.J.
    M.J.

Suzieq,

I agree with your thoughts on this. The JWs are even more sensationalistic than the news people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit