Anyone Use Meetup.com????

by Good Girl or Bad Girl? 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Brigid
    Brigid
    I'm just starting to REALLY feel lonely for my girlfriends back home and my sister and sometimes feel desperate like it's not such a great adventure as I originally thought.

I hear ya, sweety! Know this: It is still the great adventure, it is still your path even if it darkens a tad here and there (that's part of the journey)--you set your hand to the plough, try not to look back! Forge ahead.

I do understand what you are going through, though. I tell myself the above words on an almost daily basis. It was easier for me because I was coming back home (to Texas) but I left behind A LOT back in Denver......alot. This is the nature of sacrifice. polarity and opposites. Ultimately you follow your path to the Self, which is the ultimate "Home".

Be where you are is what I tell myself. Home is where the heart is and your heart is with your sweety.

((((((GGBG)))))))

Love and Light,

~Brigid

• DJK
    DJK

Writing and photography courses are great. I took writing and plan to do it again in the fall. I also took stained glass and I am now set up to do it at home.

Crumpet, I missed something on the Vegas trip. ?. I was talking to a Texan friend of mine and he informed me that it was still legal to shoot people who trespass on your land between the hours of sunset and sunrise. Be careful where you wander after dark and have a good trip.

• new boy
    new boy

Most meet-ups are free. It is only the "hosts' who have to pay ($72 every 6 months} If you want to e-mail someone you have to join that group first.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Thanks, Brigid!! Your words are wonderful! I think so highly of you and Daystar!

Among the things I say to myself daily are: "Be Here Now," "Every day in Every Way I am Getting Better and Better," "Be Who You Are," and "This Too Shall Pass." Though I feel the last one is especially trite, there is something healing about having little phrases to repeat to myself when I feel negative self talk starting.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

OK, well I went and got myself a job interview, plus a library card and went for a long walk on the beach. Though it wasn't with anyone, it was still a positive step.

I also wrote down the phone number for the local rape crisis center (possible volunteer opportunity) as well as Big Brothers Big Sisters. So there's that.

I am actually considering looking into the local church community but just because I want to belong to a community! I don't want to be in a religion though... taking a course is an option too. Like mentioned before, photography and/or writing or both.

There is a pretty nice music scene around here so I think I could probably find friends easily enough going out to some shows. Though having money is sort of a necessity for that... so it's a good thing I have a job interview. And about 12 different jobs circled from the Classifieds. So, yeah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit