Anyone Use Meetup.com????

by Good Girl or Bad Girl? 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Just wondering how to find some local ex-JW's since I'm brand-spanking new to the area and could really use some friends.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I looked for ex Jws on there but they were all religiousy types so I wasnt interested in meeting up, but presumably it cam be used for meeting "normal" PEOPLE.

Are you working yet? Choose the right job and you only need to find one kindred spirit who can introduce you to cool people. Or take a night course doing something arty like your photography and you will meet people that way.

((((GGBG))))

• vitty
    vitty

I saw someone I knew but I would never contact him............................he was a nutter while he was in the truth ............................cant see how he would have changed much.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Thanks, Crumpet, I was thinking of taking a writing course but I do love photography too! Or volunteering for a local cause I like, and of course I'm working on the job thing. I don't want to just settle for a job I hate. I've got some leads there. Thanks! I know you are right! I'm just starting to REALLY feel lonely for my girlfriends back home and my sister and sometimes feel desperate like it's not such a great adventure as I originally thought. Though it's 7:30 AM here and I had a good night's sleep so the world is feeling a bit brigher today! I think I'm back in adventure mode again!

Thanks, Vitty, that's what I was afraid of! I found four ex-JW's from my area but I was unable to read any profiles on them so I don't know if I should contact them or not!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    just starting to REALLY feel lonely for my girlfriends back home and my sister and sometimes feel desperate like it's not such a great adventure as I originally thought.

I have been worried about you hon and I do want to see you nicely settled. I feel really bad that I'm not coming to vegas to see you now. I wish Dallas wasnt so far from you. A weekend with us guys would do you the world of good!

• new boy
    new boy

Meet-ups are good.......I host the XJW meet-up for Portland. We don't talk about religion. My meet-up discription is "We are not here to beat dead horses, or sell you new ones"

Each group is different.

There are many other meet-ups in the area and it is a good way to meet other people. Even if you go just once and meet one cool person it is worth it.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Haven't used meetup.com since they decided that you should pay for their service.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I know, Crumpet!!! I don't even open the threads about the Dallas apostafest because I'm so envious of y'all!!! I hope you will have the utmost fun time!!!

Thanks, I'll survive. I'll make it. I usually make friends easily, it's just been Mike and me most of the time getting things set up. He's my best friend, but a girl needs her girls too, ya know!!!

• DJK
    DJK

It's a very slow site IMO. Hard to navigate too. I still don't know how to e-mail someone privately there. I was hoping to find a meetup close to my area in the northeast USA. A ten hour drive was the best I could find.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Cool, newboy, well you aren't TOO far away from me, maybe I'll come for one of yours sometime!

Nos, I haven't had to pay for anything yet!

DJK, I'm finding it hard to navigate as well!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit