US SUPREME COURT RULED AGAINST PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTIONS

by juni 37 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thank God! This barbaric procedure is finally banned. I watched congress debating this almost 10 years ago! They showed the procedure with a viable baby being partially delivered and the breaking open of the babies skull and sucking the brains out.....with no pain relief for the baby!

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD CONSIDER THIS AN OPTION UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES? What kind of sick moron thought this procedure was OK? WHAT SICK MORON WOULD PREFORM THIS PROCEDURE?

I am in full support for a woman's right to choose, but this NEVER should have been an option.

If the Bush administration did anything right, this was it.

R.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

First, I don't want to condemn anyone on this site that may have had an abortion. I know that this is a very sensitive subject and I don't want to hurt anyone that has a different take on it but I do think we need to be informed so we make the right decisions, not just for ourselves, but for those who can't speak for themselves. I, for one, am thankful that partial birth abortions are banned. The procedure is barbaric, and in my mind it is murder. I’m not talking as a Christian; I’m talking as a woman, as a mother, as a human being. Are we not a civilized society? Why is there such an assault on the young, who can’t defend themselves? (Abortion, embroyonic stem cell research, sex trade, pedophelia) Do they not have a choice? My understanding is that most of these abortions are not performed because of risk to the mother. Does a woman ever really get over it? Suppose a woman chooses the partial birth abortion to rid her unborn child. Before the procedure she goes into labour and gives birth. What does she do then? What is the difference between the head exposed or the head still inside the mother? It is a human being.

I wonder if the baby is sedated during this prodecure. I have heard horror stories that the child squirms and does feel intense pain. This site seems to verify that the baby does feel the pain. Now maybe the baby feels severe pain if they don't get a sedative or pain killer but they don't seem to state that. I can't imagine a doctor not giving pain killers to the unborn.

http://abortiontv.com/Methods/PartiaBirthAbortionPerspective.htm

http://www.abortionhome.com/partialbirthabortion/ Berkeley, CA (LifeNews.com) -- A new report from researchers at the University of California says unborn children do not likely feel the pain of abortions during the earlier parts of a woman's pregnancy. The findings are coming under fire from doctors who specialize in fetal development and they say it's off the mark. ... Dr. Anand said other medical studies conclude that unborn babies are "very likely" to be "extremely sensitive to pain during the gestation of 20 to 30 weeks." "This is based on multiple lines of evidence," Dr. Anand said. "Not just the lack of descending inhibitory fibers, but also the number of receptors in the skin, the level of expression of various chemicals, neurotransmitters, receptors, and things like that." Anand explained that later-term abortion procedures, such as a partial-birth abortion "would be likely to cause severe pain."

I know Embroyonic Stem Cell research is a separate subject, but is it really. It again is assaulting the unborn. Is it not true that adult stem cells are being used sucessfully.

90 New Reasons to reconsider the alleged need for stem cell research that destroys human embryos

http://www.stemcellresearch.org/

It is a slippery slope. What's next?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I wonder why no one has showed to argue that babies aren't human until they are term and breathing on their own.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Hi FlyingHighNow: looked into it and found this website:

http://www.abortiontv.com/Growth/WhenDoHumanBeings.htm

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thank you for the link.

People want to believe a fertilized human egg, the dividing bundle of cells, the embryo and even the fetus are not human. The key word there is WANT.

• juni
    juni

I did a little research on the Web about the question "Does the baby feel pain? or When does the fetus feel pain?"

The jury is out I guess. Just like years ago when they said male babies suffered no pain w/circumcisions. But they made a 180 degree turn w/that idea. Lo and behold! It does hurt for the little guy. No wonder they screamed and cried! Duh!

So with that being said, I am so happy that this practice has been banned.

This has been a good discussion and thanks to all of you for your opinions.

Juni

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Wanted to step in and specifically apologize to FHN, Juni and others with whom I argued.

My position right now is not as cut and dry anymore, to say the least and after researching the topic further in the last few days, I felt that I needed to come and apologize for the jumping gun.

• juni
    juni

(((BlackSwan)))

You know we love you hon. We're all entitled to our opinions. It's a very "morbid" and emotional subject. I'm happy that you are even more informed now.

That took a lot of humility on your part to post what you did.

A big hug for you!

Love, Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit