Fluff: What kind of music do you listen to?

by Guest with Questions 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

So much great music has been mentioned. I would love to find some music that I’ve never heard of before. I know there is one young guy from England that’s more jazz oriented. He has an Italian name but can’t remember. Have never heard him but am curious. Coming home from work I was listening to Andrea Bocelli. It’s contemporary Italian (if I want to listen to Operatic Arias I would rather listen to Pavarotti) and I just love it. Wish I knew how to play Spanish Guitar. I do listen to Marc Antoine-El Matador & Urban Gypsy I especially like. Like Carlos Santana too.

My son’s (25) taste in music is very different from mine but I do like Dream Theatre and we both agree on Pink Floyd. Surprisingly my daughter’s (almost 21) is a lot like mine now. She’s even starting to like some light Classical.

Anony Mouse: I have Dark Side of the Moon and the Wall. I personally prefer and love Dark Side of the Moon. I highly recommend it. You can go to this site. http://www.pinkfloyd.co.uk/dsotm/content/setup.html

prophecor: Earth Wind & Fire loved them. Marvin Gaye is probably my favourite, but the Drifters too and the Temptations....

Notaness: We saw Jars of Clay a while back. Need to Breathe and Leigh Nash, former Sixpence singer, also performed. A really good concert.

I really related to the song The Voice by the Moody Blues

The Voice: http://www.webwriter.f2s.com/moody/lyrics/ldv.htm#voice

A Question: http://www.webwriter.f2s.com/moody/lyrics/aqob.htm#balance

Do any of the older members remember this:

{Epilogue, spoken} Breathe deep in the gathering gloom Watch lights fade from every room Bedsitter people look back and lament Another day's useless energy's spent Impassioned lovers wrestle as one Lonely man cries for love and has none New mother picks up and suckles her son Senior citizens wish they were young Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray and yellow white And we decide which is right. And which is an illusion?

The Moody Blues-from Nights in White Satin

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Just checked the other site: I can't believe all the responses to that post. Paolo Nutini, that's the name I was looking for.

ex-jw I read some of the responses and had a good chuckle.. when you mentioned Roger Miller, I thought how about Ray Stevens then you mentioned him. Did you listen to Mitch Miller too!!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Soft rock, soul, Latin music, some classical music to balance it with the more serious. Basically anything sweet and melodic I like no matter from what country it comes from.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Joe Satriani has been my favorite musician for many years.

In an editorial review written for Amazon.com regarding Satch's latest CD Super Collossal, Jedd Beaudoin put it better than I ever could:

"With Super Colossal Satriani holds his place as one of the most imaginative and inspired minds of his--or any--musical generation."

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

J-EX-W & Sir Nose, Yes I am deaf.

• chelleadam
    chelleadam

pretty much anything except rap, it makes me a nervous wreck.

• zagor
    zagor

To many to list here but sampling of some of that would be

1. I love classical music, Mozart, Paganini, Vivaldi, Beethoven

2. Celtic music, Enya, Loreena Mckennitt, Hevia, anything with Indian drums in it or their war songs, E Muzeki, Il Divo, Amici, Bond, Vanessa-Mae, Maksim Mrvica, Luciano Pavarotti, Plácido Domingo, José Carreras

3. Variety of modern music , Dire Straits Joe Cocker, Queen, Pink Floid, Aerosmith, Eric Clapton, Jon Bon Jovi, Black Sabbath, U2, ZZ Top, Cindarella, Whitesnake, Decemberists

It all depends on my mood, but when I'm driving it is usually Mozart

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The Decemberists, Arcade Fire, The Dears, The Shins, Radiohead, Keane, Rilo Kiley, David Gray, Damien Rice, Snow Patrol, Sigur Ros, The Mars Volta, King Crimson, My Morning Jacket, The Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer, Wilco, Belle and Sebastian, Elvis Costello, Audioslave, Soundgarden, Thom Yorke, David Bowie, Muse, Coldplay, The Flaming Lips, Morrissey, Ben Folds, Guster, Pink Floyd, Rush, U2, The Gorillas, The Killers, Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah, and a whole lot more.

Nvr

To averyniceguy: Thanks for sharing that about yourself. Thanks for your cheerful participation around here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit