DRIVES ME NUTS!! MUST be the angels. COULDN'T be coincidence per WT.

by Open mind 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Proof of angelic help has often been related in Bible literature published by Jehovah's Witnesses.

Lots of things are published by Jehovah's Witnesses. However, proof isn't one of them.

I also hate that statement "published by Jehovah's Witnesses". The new-fangled literature (at least since I've been out) is pretty disgusting.

• jeanV
    jeanV
    It's a freakin' statistical certainty!!!

I said exactly the same in Blondie's thread.

And it is true - ALL religions, Chrisitan or not, have exactly the same sort of stories.

That was a turning point in my thinking, when I started reasoning on the poor 6 billion people that do not know the truth and yet many of them I am sure are convinced their belief to be the truth. all of them having evidence of their truth, with either statistics or "supernatural" events or miraculous facts that cannot be discarded as coincidence, etc....

Well, was it because of angeilc direction that while pioneering the only people who I talked to were old men who knew more about the Watchtower than I did?

that is that downside of stating that certain experiences are due to angelic guidance, those not having them start feeling guilty (same as those not enjoying angelic protection start to think that they must have done something wrong and God is angry at them). The WTBTS is accountable for a lot of psychological problems among its ranks.

• dawg
    dawg

Openmind, pleasse never get off your soapbox, this was one of the funniest posts I've ever read... I can't believe the gall of the WTBTS good freaking lord.

• dawg
    dawg

Can someone please either tell me what WT that was or better yet post a copy on this site for my records.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

I had a freind that her mother was questioning the"truth" so her mother prayed and guess what? mormons knocked on her door!!!!!!!! So now she is a mormon.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Some angels "quiet" unruly children in the Kingdom Hall. They put a little choke-hold on them and........voila!

Nvr

• jeanV
    jeanV
    Anybody have any experience or suggestions on how to bring up this point with believing dub family without my apostate horns showing?

OpenMind while considering the revelation book where it talks about angelic guidance in providing spiritual food because a couple of brothers where at the right place at the right time I tried to reason with a loved one saying, well then those that got caught while smuggling literature what should they say? no angelic protection? It did not work but maybe it will for you.

Can someone please either tell me what WT that was or better yet post a copy on this site for my records.

dawg, it is March 1, 2007, pages 20-24 ยง17. the whole text is available in Blondie's thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/132678/1.ashx

I had a freind that her mother was questioning the"truth" so her mother prayed and guess what? mormons knocked on her door!!!!!!!! So now she is a mormon.

I did the same, no one has knocked yet, what should I conclude?

• Borgia
    Borgia

Angels guiding the work........

There focus on the work is of such nature that they only have time to watch the women in the cong to see the proper attitude of submission. What ever come beyound that, they have not time to waste on that.

Don't you just love those heavenly buggers.

Cheers

Borgia

• Open mind
    Open mind

Angels take a holiday:

Rewind to Malawi in the 60s & early 70s. All the grandmothers, mothers, sisters & daughters who were brutally raped, beaten and/or murdered obviously weren't worth Divine or even angelic intervention.

Oh that's right. They were proving their faith by not paying 25 cents for what was essentially a National Identity Card since it was a one-party government. Good thing those lives weren't wasted on something trivial. Phewww.

Open Mind

• Open mind
    Open mind

jeanV said:

I said exactly the same in Blondie's thread.

Sorry jeanV. Don't you just hate it when "the friends" don't listen to other people's comments during the WT study? I didn't have time to FULLY attend Blondie's WT this week. Just quickly read her commentary B4 rushing out the door to the local indoctrination chamber.

OpenMind while considering the revelation book where it talks about angelic guidance in providing spiritual food because a couple of brothers where at the right place at the right time I tried to reason with a loved one saying, well then those that got caught while smuggling literature what should they say? no angelic protection?

Thanks for the suggestion. I've mainly been avoiding this book for our "family study" because it drives me so utterly batty. But that's probably a tactical error on my part. I think we'll have to break it out for sure when we get to the angelic direction part. There's so much other crap in there too, I'm probably passing up some golden opportunities. Oh well. Guess I'll just plug my nose and dive in.

Thanks to the rest of you "cherubs" for chiming in as well.

Open Mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit