Bees disappearing?

by jaguarbass 10 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Has anyone heard about all the honeybees dissappearing? It's been in my local news here in Florida. And it's been on Coast to Coast with Art Bell and George Noory. I'm not going to run back to a kingdom hall. But, with out bee's polinating the vegetation it could forewarn a famine of biblical proportions. The hypothesis that I heard put forth last night is that the bees are being blinded by ultraviolet light. They use it to navigate and they cant find their way back home to the hive. Armegeddon was supposed to happen in 75, this must be some new rathe of God scourge coming up. I dont think the watchtower is connected or sponsoring this plague or scourge.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I haven't noticed any 's disappearing jaguar ass?

allistic

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

ballistic...LOL!

Here's a recent thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/132535/1.ashx

Swalker

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

This was discussed recently on this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/132535/2357851/post.ashx#2357851

You may find it enlightening.

BA

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Bee`s are disapearing around here too..Most of them are splatterd on my windshield..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Outlaw is killing all the bees...We need no further studies!

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Sorry, double post!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

There are a bewildering number of hypotheses....GM, mites, cell phones, certain neonicotinoid pesticides, high fructose corn syrup, etc. I hope the cause can be narrowed down pretty soon to figure out how to get a handle on this, but it may take time. Here is an interesting point made in the Wikipedia page on the subject, which is often missed in other reports:

Honey bees are not native to the Americas, therefore their necessity as pollinators in the US is limited to strictly agricultural/ornamental uses, as no native plants require honey bee pollination. They are responsible for pollination of approximately one third of the United States' crop species, including such species as: almonds, peaches, soybeans, apples, pears, cherries, raspberries, blackberries, cranberries, and strawberries; many but not all of these plants can be (and often are) pollinated by other insects in the U.S., including other kinds of bees, but typically not on a commercial scale. While some farmers of a few kinds of native crops do bring in honey bees to help pollinate, none specifically need them, and when honey bees are absent from a region, the native pollinators quickly reclaim the niche, typically being better adapted to serve those plants (assuming that the plants normally occur in that specific area). On the 30% of crop types where honey bees are used -- even though many other creatures are actually more efficient at pollinating, on a per-individual basis -- most native pollinators cannot be mass-utilized as easily or as effectively as honey bees, if they will visit the plants at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colony_Collapse_Disorder

• Satanus
    Satanus

Beekeepers gatta invest in sunglasses for their bees. Either that, or get them all gps's.

S

Ps, ya, any old bug can pollinate. Bzzz bzxx.

• anewme
    anewme

I was alarmed like everyone else when I first heard the report. Actually a former brother in law has been working on the honey bee project as an entomologist for Florida State for the last 15 years.

Leolaia's report is very calming and supports my visual observations here in my own home state as well.
    All the fruit and nut trees and flowers and veggies have bloomed and are becoming fruits and nuts just as we all hoped they would. If they are not being fertilized by the honey bees, someone or something is doing the work----thank God.

Anewme

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit