Jehovah creates Evil according to Isaiah

by Grammy 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

God is love and he will lovingly destroy all who don't beleive. God whats you to love him or else!

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

The answer I often get is that he created the "possibility" of evil,like

Jehovah created free will, of which evil is a product.

Ok so evil is a free will thing,so my question to you does god have free will because the bible say it's imposible for him to lie?

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Yes Jehovah has free will, and he could lie if he wanted to, but he has said how much he hates the lie. And the lie does not originate with God, it originates with his creatures, some of whom have chosen to lie, and their lies usually come back to haunt them. Aside from that, Jehovah never had a reason to lie, as he has everything and he is everything. His creatures though, can succumb to jealousy the same as God, and this is how Satan's lie originated. We know that God can be jealous, but he does not need or temptation to lie because he has no superior.

Isn't this all kinda fundamental?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Against the weaker interpretation that regards Hebrew r' as "calamity", one could note that it is paralleled by the strong antithesis of "light" and "darkness".

It is also worth noting that Deutero-Isaiah here (in ch. 40-45) is subtley disputing the creation account in Genesis 1 (P) point by point. Genesis 1:2 claims that "darkness" (chsk) preceded the creation while Isaiah 45:7 asserts that God created both chsk "darkness" and light. Genesis 1:2 claims that when God began creating the world, it was a "waste" (thw). But Isaiah 45:18 says that Yahweh "did not create it a waste (thw)". Genesis 1:26 implicitly alludes to the divine council whom God consulted in the creation of man, but Isaiah 40:13-14 rejects the idea that God consulted with anyone during creation. Isaiah 44:24 similarly has Yahweh declaring: "I am Yahweh, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, when I spread out the earth, who was with me?" Another feature of Genesis 1:26 that Deutero-Isaiah disputes is the notion that God has a physical image and that anyone could be described as having the likeness (dmwt) of God: "To whom could you liken God? What image could you contrive of him" (Isaiah 40:18; cf. 46:5). This, of course, was part of the book's anti-idolatry polemic. Most strikingly, Genesis 2:2-3 (P) descrbes Yahweh as growing tired and needing rest, while Isaiah 40:48 says that "Yahweh is an everlasting God, he created the boundaries of the earth, he does not grow tired or weary". When read in light of Genesis 1, the following rhetorical question gains new meaning: "Was it not told you from the beginning (m-rs't, cf. b-rs't in Genesis 1:1)? Have you not understood how the earth was founded?" (Isaiah 40:21). As John Day noted, Deutero-Isaiah's theology departs from P's by stressing Yahweh's infinitude: consulting a divine council limits God's supremacy, having a likeness detracts from Yahweh's uniqueness (and opens the way for idolatry), viewing darkness as uncreated limits what could be considered as God's creation, and describing God as resting after working also limits God in human terms.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    Hebrews 6:16-18 (King James Version)

King James Version (KJV)

16 For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife.

17 Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:

18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

but he has said how much he hates the lie.
    1 Corinthians 15:50-53 (King James Version)

King James Version (KJV)

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

(

King James Version (KJV)

1 Timothy 6:12-16 (King James Version)
    12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;

14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Now my question is, do humans lose their free will when they become immortal? Adam and Eve were not immortal, they died because they sinned. If you cannot die, that must mean you cannot sin. So do you lose your free will when you become immortal?

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

In the NWT Is.45:7 says" Forming light and creating darkness, making peace and creating calamity,"

Jehovah is LOVE and he cannot lie.

This Scripture shows that Jehovah is the creator of all things. A loving God could not create evil.

A loving God does make peace and also since he is Almighty he creates calamity for opposers.

• eclipse
    eclipse

Just curious,

Since God created ALL THINGS, then where did evil come from, if not from GOD?

God created all the elements and atoms, and the ability to lie, steal, cheat.

If God did not create the ability for angels or humans to be that way, then there would be no lying, cheating, murdering, etc.

No matter how you look at it, if you believe in god, then you havebelieve that god is the source of everything. Satan did not only become satan because he chose to be evil. Satan also became that way because God created that ability to be in him.

He created good and evil. This is evident in the book of Genesis. Look at the tree in the garden of eden. It was of the knowledge of good and bad.

Why?

There was only perfection, no badness when adam and eve were in the garden. What was this knowledge of evil?

It was the knowledge that all of god's creation have the ability to be evil.

But since Genesis was just a story, I don't have to feel pain in my heart that the god of the bible is the cause for all the injustice and suffering in this world.

Since there is no god.

Man wrote the bible to explain evil.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

There is no Jehovah.

Bluebladestake care

• Rosalee
  • searcher
    searcher

*We know that God can be jealous*

God has a weakness? I thought he was supposed to be perfect?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit