some Scottish humour...hope you understand it!

by ninja 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Yup - all the best ex dubs are Gers fans!!!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Aye tha's some funny shyte, I cannough stop watchin his othaaarrrr clips.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

sorry didnt laugh once...never have at the big yin

he was recently voted no 1 stand-up comedian ever by british public (not just no 1 british comedian either)..which is no mean feat considering he is not presently in the limelight here and polls are notorious for having whoever is currently popular in the all time top spot..which is why peter kay was number 2...hes funny but not as funny as that.

give me bill bailey, emo phillips, stephen wright, eddie izzard, jack dee any day..

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Actually, wouldn't it be brilliant to see Bill Bailey do that? He could sort of accompany himself with the background music.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

That was a good skit.

• zagor
    zagor

Aye, Billy is me favorite Scotsman too. One of my favorite scenes with him was from the movie "The Man Who Sued God" Did any of you see it? It is a movie about his bout being destroyed by a storm and an insurance company refusing to pay the claim on a basis that was an "act of god"

anyway transcript from the courtroom goes something like this...

Defendant Attorney - Gerry Ryan on the behalf of the Roman Catholic Church, the Anglican and Presbyterian churches and the Jewish community.

Billy- Steve Myers on behalf of myself.

Judge - And the defendant is?

Defendant Attorney -There is no defendant. We're moving for a strike out on...

Billy - The defendant is God.

Defendant Attorney - Who is not a person.

Billy -That is a moot point surely. God and the churches are one. They cannot exist without each other. If God is responsible for the sinking of my boat, the religions are responsible.

Judge - So you're suing the Church?

Billy -God is an entity with nominated representatives, like a company.

Judge - And the basis of your case is?

Billy - If there was an 'Act of God', then God is liable. The churches are God's representatives on earth. If they wish to deny liability by denying the existence of God, then they are guilty of contravening section of the Trade Practices Act of 1975 "A corporation shall not, in trade or commerce, engage in conduct that is misleading or deceptive."

Defendant Attorney - Rubbish.

Judge - Fascinating.

Billy - And to deny that responsibility is to contravene the Act.

• zagor
  • ninja
    ninja

hey freedom fighter...I forgot about that incontinence knickers sketch...that is hilarious....especially his dancing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit