X-Wife Got Married Yesterday........Our Son is Shunned Today!

by new boy 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• PEC
    PEC

My uncle hooked up with the babysitter, very shortly after his wife's death. That gave the family something to talk about; until, the second cousins decided to get married. For the record, all are JWs and living in Texas. This does not reflect on any normal people living in Texas.

Philip

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Today I will be talking to my daughter to find out what happen at the wedding reception yesterday.

What is funny, is a month ago Jay Miller whated to meet my son for lunch to tell him what the "wedding plans" were to be. As in, he and his wife are not invited to the recption. My son said "Jay I hardly knew you. Why is my mother not here telling me this instead of you?"...........to which he said "Well your mother has a hard time with confrontation!"

WOW. Just WOW. I'm glad you are out of that lunacy, new boy. I try to live by "to each his own" or the more fun "whatever floats his boat" but not when it hurts others around you!!! I'm sort of insulted on behalf of your son that the new husband-to-be had the conversation with him instead of his own mother!! I also have seen/experienced firsthand lots of private association and public shunning and while it's hard to fight because the shunned one wants to associate with her family (it's only natural) it's really hard on a person's emotions to make sense of it. It just doesn't make any sense, not for the shunner to have to fight his natural desires to be with loved ones, not for the "shunnees" who get put through the ringer on the whims of the shunner(s). Hope that made sense.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

It's just sickening. I hope you, your son, and your daughter are drawn all the closer together because of this JW shitfest called a wedding. Best wishes to you all!

• new boy
    new boy

Thank you my friends it is all good.................Namaste new boy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit