Chance that WT drops blood issue?

by Gayle 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gayle
    Gayle

Do you think WT will drop blood tranfusion issue altogether? Will it, say within ten years? Any predictions?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

All depends on Lawyers and succesful lawsuits. When/if the money issue hits home , then everything, and I mean everything including the blood issue will all be made a conscience issue

• TD
    TD

I think they're balanced on a knife-edge. It would take a legal threat equal to or greater than the risk involved in dropping it for anything to happen anytime soon.

• heathen
    heathen

I don't know how any sane person can make any sense out of the current belief that the soul only resides in the red blood cells and not the white or that fractions are ok but whole blood not , they even allow for entire organ transplants , so what's the point in it?

• garybuss
    garybuss

They don't like to admit mistakes. So far the changes in the blood medical guidelines have been justified by redefining the word "blood". That's how they changed the "generation" of 1914 teaching.

Now blood for transplant is available with the white cells removed. Is it still blood? Watch Tower could just say no, and that'd be it. Currently the Society allows a Witness to take their own whole blood back into their bodies by calling it reinfusion, rather than transfusion.

They have printed that blood is an organ and the Watch Tower currently allows transplants of donated organs. They even allow living donor organ donations now.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's a tough one for them because it led to the death of thousands of dubs through the 50 years or so that it has been in force. It's not easy to tell to the relatives of the victims sorry we got it all wrong, so they are trying to do away with the ban step by step to give people time to get used to it.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Not unless they are ready to lose about 5 million of the 6 million.

Warlock

• heathen
    heathen

I can say I am glad the courts are taking an interest in cases where children are involved . There should be no reason to refuse life saving procedure to children and think doctors should have the legal right without debate to treat them . An adult can decide for themselves if they want it or not but children should have the right to life. IMO

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Chance that WT drops blood issue?

One word four syllables

Sounds like

• choosing life
    choosing life

I think it could happen. As Garybuss said, they already redefined blood as an organ and most of blood is allowed in fractions already. I think they will try to act as if nothing has changed, as usual.

I am sure the legal department is working overtime on damage control from the blood doctrine already. The legal issues will definately be the driving force because it never was about the Bible anyway.

If there is one thing I have learned about the Witnesses, it is that they are driven by profit. They will do whatever it takes to keep their money and keep it coming too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit