Got new glasses progressive lenses any Ideas?

by hambeak 25 Replies latest jw friends

• hambeak
    hambeak

I got new glasses today with progressive lenses and transitional lenses get darker outside. Trying to get used to them.

Anyone out there that has these and will it work I have a 30 day guarantee and return policy from lens crafters to go back to the old bifocal.

Go back to the eye doc Wed. to recheck for glaucoma. At least it is not a blur anymore for the 12" from my face forward. LOL

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/132219/1.ashx thread on my glasses a few weeks ago.

hey hambeak,

I just got a pair a little over a week ago....progressive lenses. Its been difficult at first to get used to them. I am moving my head up and down to see properly out of them,

but each day that goes by I like them more and more. there is no distance I cant see at. and they are great for work.

give them time.

purps

• Scully
    Scully

I started wearing progressives a few months ago. It took a while to get used to going downstairs and looking sideways. Going downstairs was the worst though. I felt like I was going to go @r$e over tea kettle, it made me so dizzy.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oh Hammy! I have no clue...I just wanted to say hi to you. Say...I did try to hit baseballs today for the first time since I had Lasik. Funny how damn spooky those dang things are when you can actually see them. So I can't say how long adjusting to any eyesight thing is to take. For me every time I try something new is an experience.

Smooches and love to you.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Hey Sparky HOWDEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have lost 5 pounds LOL I am really trying to get thinner for the apostafest in May so I can look better.

Take care sweetie.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oh Hammy is it possible for you to look better? And I cannot wait to see you.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yeah, be careful going down the stairs. I keep my head still, don't look down, and hang firmly on to the guard rail. I feel at times I'm swimming in a fishbowl.

I tried buying single prescription sunglasses to get away from the fishbowl effect, but switching between two prescriptions is equally disorienting. I have to whip off my Calvin Klein sunglasses in a very grandmotherly fashion to read anything.

I also had to set up a reading tray the same distance from my computer. Can't focus for two depths.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Okay, here's the old lady's viewpoint: I have progressive lenses for regular day-to-day stuff, like walking around and driving and distance vision. I can also read with them on and use the computer, but to really be comfortable at work I have a pair of bifocals just for computer use. That way I can look straight ahead at my monitor and still drop my eyes down and read the stuff I'm typing about. That's what works for me.

It took a few days to get used to the progressive lenses, but keep them on and tough it out. You'll be glad you did. I've gotten so used to them that I absentmindedly (remember, this is the old lady talking) went into the shower with them on and couldn't figure out for a brief few seconds why everything was getting so, well, foggy.

Nina (of the Absentminded Class)

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    went into the shower with them on and couldn't figure out for a brief few seconds why everything was getting so, well, foggy.

teehee Hi Nina Love!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I can relate, Cruzanheart, baby. For one year only in my forty year history of wearing glasses, I tried contacts. More than once I'd labour to put those darn things in, then put on my glasses.

WOAH

Talk about fishbowl!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit