So have you heard this one?

by pollyana 13 Replies latest jw friends

• pollyana
    pollyana

The JW's knocked on my friends' door while he was cleaning his bird cage. The JW's said "we'd like to give you something" and handed him a copy of the latest WT. He said, "great, that's just what I need, thanks" and placed it in the bottom of the birdcage then slammed the door in the JW's faces.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome to the forum polyanna I notice this is your first post. I never heard that before but given the quality of the WT magazines and the danger in that it promotes a harmful cult, that was a very suitable use for it to gather bird droppings.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Hi Pollyanna! Nope never heard that one before. It's a good one. This is your first post, so welcome to the forum! This is an ex-JW board, but everyone's welcome. Well that's what they told me!??

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

Hi Pollyanna! It's good to see another newbie!

I haven't heard that story before, but I hope it's true, I really do. Too bad I don't have a bird anymore. I can tell you another story that I'm fairly sure is true. I think it's in the book Thirty Years A Watchtower Slave, but I'm unsure. Someone asked a Dub why he read the Tower and he answered "Because I get light from it." The inquirer responded "The only way you can get light from a Watchtower magazine is to set it on fire."

Again, welcome Pollyanna. -Martin

• juni
    juni

Welcome Pollyanna!

I never heard of that before either, but I do know from experience that the mags. make for wonderful traction when you're stuck in the snow. I found this out when stuck in the field while pioneering!

Juni

• ninja
    ninja

uh oh ...now the budgie thinks that 1914 was when jesus invisble presence happened....and it might...just might be able to get to heaven now the 1935 date has been changed

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

good one!

• Sasha
    Sasha

A tad rude. I might have waited for them to leave first, but thanks for the tip. I have many feeders and that might be a good use for them!

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Welcome Pollyana.

Very funny story. Look forward to hearing more from you.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Welcome F'n'B!!
    '"The only way you can get light from a Watchtower magazine is to set it on fire."--doesn't work man, they wont burn. You should just pack them into boxes and store them in the garage. That's what everybody else does.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit