Jehovah is Grandfather, Jesus is Father ??

by NotaNess 15 Replies latest jw friends

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Not sure I'm in the right section of the forum, but I thought I'd go where a ton of posters hang out.

Can some one clerify for me and give me some experience notes about this subject that I came across on the net.

Have JW's studied on Jehovah being the grandfather and Jesus being the father? If so, where does this come from. Thanks!

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Nonscence......that's an idea that came up from the watchtower....No scriptural foundation...

• Zico
    Zico

'Nonscence......that's an idea that came up from the watchtower....No scriptural foundation...'

No it's not, it's never been in the WT.

I would guess it comes from Isaiah 9:6

'6 For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.'

As that prophecy stated Jesus would be called Eternal Father, it's been suggested Jesus could be our father with his father obviously being our grandfather, however there's no reference to anyone in the NT calling Jesus father.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

This concept was explained to me by a local JW and I was shocked to hear it. I said "Whoa! That sounds like heresy. Are you sure you aren't a Mormon? If Jehovah is Grandpa then who is Grandma?"

He looked at me very strangely indeed.

I often get that look from them.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

E.g. Watchtower 8/1 1995:

They include others besides those who will rule in heaven with Christ. As noted earlier, Jesus said he had "other sheep"—earthly subjects of the Kingdom—in addition to the "little flock" of Kingdom heirs. (John 10:16; Luke 12:32) The "great crowd," who survive "the great tribulation," are of the other sheep class, and they enjoy an approved standing before Jehovah on the basis of their faith in Jesus’ shed blood. (Revelation 7:9, 14) Even though the other sheep are not directly included among the "sons" spoken of at Isaiah 54:13, they are blessed with being taught by Jehovah. Therefore, they properly address God as "Father" because he will, in effect, be their Grandfather through the "Eternal Father," Jesus Christ.—Matthew 6:9; Isaiah 9:6.
  • vitty
    vitty

Its also in the Prince of Peace book

• garybuss
    garybuss

Worldwide Security Under the Prince of Peace 1986
    chap. 20 p. 169 pars. 18-19 A Happy Human Family Under a New Fatherhood

18 The first Adam bequeathed a condemnation to death to all his offspring. Did Adam become the forefather of the man Jesus Christ? No, Jesus did not have a human father but was born from a virgin made pregnant with his life - force that God transferred from the spirit realm. So the sinner Adam did not become a forefather of that earthly Son of God. The second Adam, however, has become a life-giving spirit. In this capacity he can fulfill Isaiah's prophecy and become the "Eternal Father" to the first Adam's offspring, whom he repurchases and adopts for the purpose of bestowing perfect human life on a paradise earth.

19 In such a way the heavenly Father of Jesus Christ will become the heavenly Grandfather of the restored human family.

• jgnat
    jgnat

My pastor often used to say, "God has no grandchildren". It was his way of reminding us of our responsibility to build a personal relationship with Christ, and not carry our faith on the coattails of our parents.

I know this doesn't have much to do with the question at hand; you just brought back fond memories, is all.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Credit goes to Narkissos) Watchtower-1995-August-1-p.13 http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?134fs118239.jpg (Credit goes to vitty and garybuss) Worldwide Security Under the "Prince of Peace" p.169 http://m1.freeshare.us/view/?134fs99598.jpg Tweety picture no.0217 Cheers! Atlantis-

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Thanks Narkissos and garybuss for these quotes. I've already copied them to my files.

I've also heard that the Organization is the Mother. Does anyone have any quotes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit