old lurker new poster,

by gonga 12 Replies latest jw friends

• gonga
    gonga

iwas baptised in 1984 and have never felt like i belonged in jw land .have felt ashamed ,guilty, and worthless for 23 yrs .

i could never do it all.i havent been to a meeting in 6mos.but i have been reading these posts ,and i found out the jw

make every one feel as i do. what a relief it,s not my fault . i will write more next time .i have to go to work.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU>

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Welcome to the forum!

• FourMs
    FourMs

Welcome gonga,

I am new here too and I am loving what I am reading on this board. It makes us feel so much better and I feel like I belong here more than anywhere else. I was born into the org and never started to think for myself until lately. My husband left it 4 years ago and I should have listened to him way back then. Can’t change the past but can definitely live a better future.

Look forward to your future posts.

FourMs

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

I noticed that you posted previously something almost identical to this one. It's O.K. Sometimes we just can't believe that others feel the same as we do, and that we can finally say how we feel.

I don't think I felt the pressure and guilt as much when I was "new" but as the years wore on, and there were more than thirty of them, I began to feel that same guilt brought on by the do more, more, give more, more, MORE.

My family bought it all. We did not complete educations, would not accept employment that would entail nights or weekends Horrors! Of course, now we are nearing retirement age with no money and health problems. Ah, the Borg............

Anyway, keep posting. You'll feel better.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

look forward to your posts

purps

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the board, gonga. You definitely aren't alone.

Cellist

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Welcome to the board, glad you are here with us.

Leslie

• dawg
    dawg

Wind moves a feather, water cuts through stone.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hi conga and two m&ms! Have some decaf mocha and tell us more! carmel

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello Gonga.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit