Y no windows on KHalls anymore?

by White Dove 10 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

I was asked this by so many people I had met outside of the JW's. I could only tell them about protecting the sound system from theives. That is the answer I was given. No windows helps perpetuate the fact they are a cult. I could not argue with them on the seeming secrecy from no windows on any of the halls.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Keeps them from looking out the windows and reailzing they are in a sort of prison.

Nothing worse than the sunlight of a beautiful day beckoning you outside when you really aren't learning anything new anyhow.

BA

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

No matter what official answer you get concerning no windows, such as reduction of vandalism
    or cost savings per Kingdom Hall, the correct answer (in my opinion) is that BA called it exactly.

Keeps them from looking out the windows and reailzing they are in a sort of prison.

Nothing worse than the sunlight of a beautiful day beckoning you outside when you really aren't learning anything new anyhow.

• Threestars
    Threestars

I always understood that there were multiple reasons. To cut back on the expense from installing them in the first place, the expenses to replace them when broken by vandals or accident, and to save money on the heating and air conditioning.

All of these make sense. The more ominous reason is to avoid distraction of the congregation members who might be tempted to look out the windows rather than listen to the boring speaker.

A lot of portable classrooms today don't have windows either--probably for the same reasons.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

There are Kingdom Halls in the U.S. and elsewhere with windows. However, when this question was posed to the Jacksonville, Florida newspaper, the reporter even interviewed J.R. Brown. Brown said it was the trend in the U.S., due to security and cost savings and denied anything ominous.

• gonga
    gonga

when i asked why no windows i was told it was because they wanted to save money on utility bills.

but the first kh that i attended did have windows.and i enjoyed the warm sunshine on my shoulders.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Why no windows?..So no one jumps..If you want to kill yourself after hearing the same dam thing over and over again for years..You`ll have to wait till your out of the Kingdom Hall..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    ..So no one jumps..

Sounds good, but 99.9% of these auditoriums are on the first floor.

(Statistics made up because I don't know how to actually compute the truth)

• Creeper
    Creeper

I'm a bit surprised that no one suggested the possibility of protection during storms. It would seem like the logical and most theocratic answer, but oddly enough, it is not given. So I suppose the official reason will have to be the prison logic. Of course I always thought windows would make it easier to escape during a possible fire as well, seeing as how most states have codes where there must be windows in large occupancy meeting places. Of course, Jehover will protect his flock, right? By the way, has anyone ever heard of Kingdom Halls burning down?

Creeper Bud

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

My first hall was recently torn down and a new one built in it's place. The old one had windows, and so does the new one. Some halls have them, some don't. Who cares? There are plenty of other businesses, churches, and homes that either don't have windows or cover the ones that are there. With so many legitimate complaints that can be made against the JWs, why pick on something so insignificant?

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit