Has anyone been in one of the dramas while a JW?

by Nowman 30 Replies latest jw friends

• professor
    professor

Yes, it was the only time I got to wear a beard as a JW (or a skirt for that matter!) They almost decided not to have me wear the beard because of the age of my character, but I wanted a beard so I pointed out the character in My Book of Bible Stories complete w/ facial hair. Now that I'm out I always sport a beard, but not the skirt.

• Nowman
    Nowman

Well, based on some of the posts here, my performance was NOT memorable, OK I am humbled, lol....

What I said above those to those who are from the area of course. I remember the practices were grueling, thats all we did for weeks. Please understand, for what I am about to say, that I was a young teenager at the time, I did not care how much I practiced because that meant more time with the boy I had a crush on (from my 2nd post)! How funny to look back on that, I was so crazy about this boy.

Nikki

• jeanV
    jeanV

yes, not many years ago. Nice experience altogether. Rehersals were quite funny (but tedious). I am not a good actor and was probably one of the worst on stage.

Dramas are one of the most mind control instruments of the WTBTS.

• cab1000
    cab1000

Nikki,

I may have been there, to see a friend from the hall I grew up in. Do you recognize the name "Mike Harris"?

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I was in a drama in the late 80's. I was in my early teens and played a bad worldly girl who almost tempted a fine upstanding Witness youth off the path of righteousness. I remember having to do tons of rehersals also, but at that point I didn't mind at all. The drama was actually quite fun for me. I got to wear a leather jacket, teased out hair and tons of makeup. At the time I felt like a movie star with all the attention it got me. (I was starved for it)

What I hated doing, and always got stuck doing, was having to do real speaking parts in assemblies. For some reason I was always involved in one (due to the lack of upstanding youth in my area? I don't know...) and they were so hard to do because of the crappy sound systems. You would hear yourself echoing back and it made it really hard to keep your train of thought.

• Nowman
    Nowman

Effer...

Sound like you were in the same drama I was in, did you play "Dolly Winters" and you were tempting a JW boy at school named "Randy" and one of your lines was "huh, is she your girl"? I think you were in the same one as me which I did mention this in my 1st post to start the subject, please let me know, what a small world...

Nikki

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Nowman- It could be. I don't remember the whole premise of the story. The main character in mine was a young man struggling with wanting to have "one foot in the world" by playing on his school's sports team. I played a bit part, one scene where I have a short conversation with this boy at school and encourage him on this bad course. If I remember right, it was basically implied that I was a little jezebel designed to seduce him. I don't remember her name though. I just remember I was a baaaad girl!

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

On re-reading your first post... it very well could have been the same one. I didn't remember the part about studying at the end, but it very well could have been part of the story. Gosh, I haven't thought about that drama in ages!

• loosie
    loosie

I always wanted to be in a drama. But my mother said I would never be in one because my father wasn't a witness. I always wondered how the F*** that was my fault?

• Smoky
    Smoky

I played Arioch, in the 1998 DC. It was fun to dress up, and have muscles my blazing.......very hot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit