Remember the slide presentations

by Omegaman 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

"No future for you" 144001

Rock On! I wish I was there for that slide show

• Omegaman
    Omegaman

In the 70s, we were called to attend a special meeting with a slide show. The meeting was about a "dangerous" new phenomenon known as "punk rock

What about the danger's of DISCO music

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Ah, how I remember those slides. Pictures to go along with my daydreaming! The pictures were a hell of a lot more interesting than watching some guy talk into a microphone. Why do you think the drama gets so much attention at the DC? Because it's something different! If you listened to the same Black Sabbath album over and over, it would get boring. You would love it when someone visited and brought their Perry Como album!

I believe the slides were gone by the 1990s.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes they made a nice change - always enjoyed them

• alotlikemay
    alotlikemay

hm, I don't remember these, in spite of having been around a long time

now, either it's my bad memory .... or the JWs were nationalistic (aaaaargh!) and we Brits didn't get them

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I sure do Omegaman. They were one of the highlights of my childhood.

Nvrmssdsldshw

• daystar
    daystar

I actually remember them fondly.

Did they stop these at some point? You who were in more recently than 1990-1991... maybe it hasn't quite hit me from threads here... have the JWs cut out things like this that at least made things sometimes interesting? I mean, I heard about the get-togethers being mostly nixed. Have they become so utterly draconian?

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

We used to have a CO that would do slide shows regularly. May have been to lazy to prepare a talk. But that was a long time ago.

They cured my insomnia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit