Male menopause

by onacruse 18 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

So someone (who shall remain unnamed ) suggested that my increasingly short sleep cycles, and hot/cold flashes and multiple blanket tossing episodes, and very minor mood swings, with occasional uncontrollable tears, were perhaps because I was going through male menopause.

HOGWASH, I SAY! PURE AND UTTER HOGWASH!!!!!!

My brain controls my body

My brain controls my body

(Repeat 100 times as a mantra)

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Actually this was on the news today that there is a male menopause. And I say why not - there should be equal rights for men. Why should women and teenagers have the monopoly on hot flushes and erratic mood swings and emotional outbursts. Middle aged men should be allowed a pass too!

Its long been my suspicion that the male mid life crisis is nothing more than the male menopause. It would be unkind of me to point the finger (especially since i will be joining the female ranks of this auspicious phase soon enough), but I suspect there are one or two aside from yourself chartering this very territory as we speak.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

when was the last time you had a physical exam? Those symptoms could be male menopause or other things - night sweats and hot flashes particularly. Maybe you ought to tell your doctor and just get a physical to make sure nothing's wrong.

• PEC
    PEC

I agree with the Hortensia, you see your doctor. Get a physical to rule out anything serious. Don't assume that you are just getting old.

Philip

• Makena1
    Makena1

Hey Bro! It's real - and we will get through this together! ; ) Ask your doctor about this - Haven't tried the patch or gel yet, but I am researching! http://www.4-men.org/testosterone/testosterone-gel.html http://www.4-men.org/testosterone/testosterone-patch.html

• onacruse
    onacruse

Well, let's see:

In the last 5 years I've had a colonoscopy, endoscopy, total liver enzyme study, pancreatic and thyroid function test.

Never had a brain test! LOL

Dang hormones.

• onacruse
    onacruse

makena, how ya doin', my good fellow?

Best to you and yours.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Dang hormones.

LOL maybe you can use some of my wild yam cream?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Bikerchick,

LOL maybe you can use some of my wild yam cream?

I keep getting a vision of you two in different parts of your living room, each at a computer, leaving messages for each other on JWD.

As to the MENopause, my missus calls it the Gorrillapause. Not that I have suffered this humiliation quite yet, I am still working on puberty.

HS

• onacruse
    onacruse

hs:

I keep getting a vision of you two in different parts of your living room,

I'm working on it, with enthusiastic encouragement.

each at a computer,

Even husbands and wives must keep some things to themselves.

leaving messages for each other on JWD.

We could talk directly...but this way is so much more fun...and safe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit